TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
yes, but ups is super expensive du to the size. lmk if you want the prices.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
length

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is off of the UPS site.

Packages can be up to 150 lbs (70 kg).
Packages can be up to 165 inches (419 cm) in length and girth combined.
Packages can be up to 108 inches (270 cm) in length.
Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations
Note: Packages that exceed UPS weight and size limits are subject to an Over Maximum Limits charge.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/prepare/weight_size.html#What+are+the+weight+and+size+limits+for+shipping+using+UPS?

Call me stupid but how would the package be too long with this criteria?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Multiply the Girth times the Length for the overall package dimension.

The last set of windshield rubber trim that was (accidently) shipped to me came in a heavy cardboard tube cylinder.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Multiply the Girth times the Length for the overall package dimension.

The last set of windshield rubber trim that was (accidently) shipped to me came in a heavy cardboard tube cylinder.
Your Package Size

To measure ground packages use the following formula:

Length + 2x Width + 2x Height

Step 1. Determining Length

Measure the longest side of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. This is your length.

Step 2. Determining Girth (2x Width + 2x Height)

Measure the width of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. Multiply this number by 2.
Measure the height of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. Multiply this number by 2.
Add these two numbers together. This is your girth.

Step 3. Add the length and the girth together. This is your package measurement.

Step 4. Weigh the package to obtain its actual weight.

Ok, lets say length is 60", width is 10" and height is 10", according to the formula above the totals would be 60" + 20" + 20" which would be a total of 100" which is well within the parameters for size allowed for regular shipping, weight with packaging can't be more than 5 lbs so why would special, expensive shipping charges apply?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Your Package Size

To measure ground packages use the following formula:

Length + 2x Width + 2x Height

Step 1. Determining Length

Measure the longest side of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. This is your length.

Step 2. Determining Girth (2x Width + 2x Height)

Measure the width of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. Multiply this number by 2.
Measure the height of the package, rounding to the nearest inch. Multiply this number by 2.
Add these two numbers together. This is your girth.

Step 3. Add the length and the girth together. This is your package measurement.

Step 4. Weigh the package to obtain its actual weight.

Ok, lets say length is 60", width is 10" and height is 10", according to the formula above the totals would be 60" + 20" + 20" which would be a total of 100" which is well within the parameters for size allowed for regular shipping, weight with packaging can't be more than 5 lbs so why would special, expensive shipping charges apply?
You are looking at the MAXIMUM size limits for shipping via UPS. Above a certain size, calculated by measuring the length and girth, UPS adds a SURCHARGE to the shipping costs. This is what makes the UPS charges for those items high.

Dennis

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
You are looking at the MAXIMUM size limits for shipping via UPS. Above a certain size, calculated by measuring the length and girth, UPS adds a SURCHARGE to the shipping costs. This is what makes the UPS charges for those items high.

Dennis
right. i'm not saying i can't ship them. ups puts a surcharge on the size, therefore instead of the shipping being about $10 due to weight, it's anywhere from $30-$50 due to oversize. again, i will gladly get you some pricing, just forewarning you on the freight charges.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right. i'm not saying i can't ship them. ups puts a surcharge on the size, therefore instead of the shipping being about $10 due to weight, it's anywhere from $30-$50 due to oversize. again, i will gladly get you some pricing, just forewarning you on the freight charges.
OK, send me a quote if you don't mind.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Thanks for shipping my rear window trim a couple of years ago. Although the cost was high the difference in looks was worth the price. I think anyone who does order the trim should be aware that the trim come shipped in a two piece tube that nearly always arrives slightly damaged (you forewarned me of this) with a few wrinkles and will require a little persuasion to install. It took my son and I about two hours to get it right.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
windshield upper: $44.80
rear upper: $34.15
rear lower: $42.04

plus ups.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts