TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't use the washers much at all, but the other day, I found that the drivers side only came up the window about 1/2 way, with a lot of fluid. I took the cowl panel part way off and ran it and saw there were no leaks in the hoses or fittings. I removed everything and took the nozzle and blew it out in both directions with compressed air - so much so that the plastic insert pushed out a little bit!

Pushed the insert back in and sealed it with sealant, put it all together. Now, it still only goes 1/2 way up the window, but is squirting more towards the right with a thick spray even though it is mounted straight.

I get the impression that the "hole" thru the nozzle has somehow gotten reamed out, causing a thick, sort spray? The passenger one sprays a fine mist a far distance. I guess my only option is used? I found one.

Thanks,
Al

·
Super Moderator
9,318 Posts
Very possibly... as far as orienting them, I've read here in the past that you can just stick a little needle or a paper clip into the hole to redirect the spray direction. IME having it shoot towards the top of the windshield when at rest is best, so that at speed the wind helps direct it towards the bulk of the windshield.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I ordered a used one from the TBSC shop.

Yeah, it's always fun when the guy in front of you on the hwy washes his window. Good times!

Al

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nozzle from the TBSC shop worked great. Perfect fan spray from both covers the entire window, plus a few drops on the roof, and even a couple on the rear spoiler!

Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts