TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
An unofficial check shows a different glass for 89-93, another one for "to 2/94,"and another "after 2/94" to 97...

Source: www.fordparts.com. I suppose a local dealership can verify this for you - it's worth a try. www.car-part.com also has a similar 'division' in windshield listings.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a search yesterday and Someone said the glass is the some for years 89 to 97. The rear view mirror is in a slightly differnt place thats all. Is this true, Has anyone swapped the glass from an older model??? Need glass a.s.a.p. Thanks for your help. When I looked at the glass at the wreacker It looked the same shape.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I think that the only difference is the black "printed" stuff around the edges of the glass. I sure hope they fit because I have a '93 parts car with a perfect windshield that is going into my '95.

·
Registered
653 Posts
tinman_72 said:
I think that the only difference is the black "printed" stuff around the edges of the glass. I sure hope they fit because I have a '93 parts car with a perfect windshield that is going into my '95.
When saying the "printed stuff", are you referring to the dot-matrix? If so, then now I know how to get rid of it without damaging glass.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
IronChopz said:
An unofficial check shows a different glass for 89-93, another one for "to 2/94,"and another "after 2/94" to 97...
Well that means mine is now supposedly different (built 11/93, replaced with 94 windshield) and I sure didn't notice any difference other than this one doesn't have the Big A** Crack mod.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
Yeah...it's a tad unnerving....my car's windshield has the Big Crack mod also. Even the collision shop printout I have shows 3 different windows, including that 1994 window "to 2/94."

Part numbers:

1989-1993: F0SZ-6303100-A
1994, to 2/94: F4SZ-6303100-A
1994, from 2/94 -1997: F4SZ-6303100-A

Yup...I had one of those "to 2/94" windshields...replaced a couple years ago, only to get chipped and cracked again.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Rally said:
When saying the "printed stuff", are you referring to the dot-matrix? If so, then now I know how to get rid of it without damaging glass.
Yeah, dot-matrix, that's the ticket. Didn't know what else to call it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts