TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes this is a novice question, but how do you take off the whole thing, i got into an accident and im removing the fenders and hood and bumper but i need to know how to take off the whole wiper assembly :(

·
5,650 Posts
Lift up the arm of the wiper and near where it attaches to the pivot point, you will see a metal tab sticking up (this is looking from the top of the windshield down onto the wiper. Use a flathead screwdriver and slide the tab out (if they are parked, the direction would be towards the top of the windshield). Make sure the arm is lifted up before trying to do this or it won't budge. Once the tab slides out, you can pull the arm straight off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeahi finally just went out and looked, it was hard because the hood was bent up towards it but i got it, btw thank you, and is it hard to switch out the front axle? because i ****ed it up, one wheel is straight and the other is turned left (its supposed to be turned left)

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
well, something is either broke or bent.

Could be the outer tie rod, the rack and pinion unit, or who knows what.

You really should have the car inspected by a mechanic.

An upper or lower ball joint could be cracked or otherwise damaged.

The strut rod could also be bent.

You could fix the obvious yourself - maybe - ---and then have something else let go the first time you drive it again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts