TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 96 t-bird on sale on ebay. The rims that it had on appear to be the ones on the 2000 ford windstar. Do these rims just bolt on without any modifications. These rims look very nice on the car.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to see if i can get a hold of a set. The hard part would be which car would i put it on. The windstar or the bird.

·
8,239 Posts
check the offset before you sink any money into this project.

Also I imagine they wouldn't put very wide wheels on a minivan, so that might limit your tire choices if you care.

JH

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Got a link for us to ponder at?

-Miller

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think the Windstar offset is very close to that of the T-Bird and Taurus (all share the same pattern). Taurus is 39mm, T-Bird is 42mm, and I think Windstar is also 39mm.

I know that I put my stock steel wheels on my mom's Windstar with no problem, except the lug nuts have a different taper. We drove it that way for months.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1996 Ford : Thunderbird [email protected]@K Item number: 2470564369
Bidder or seller of this item? Sign in for your status Add to watch list in My eBay

Go to larger picture Current bid: US $1,100.00 (Reserve not met)

Get low monthly payments
Time left: 4 days 0 hours
7-day listing
Ends Apr-05-04 07:15:56 PDT
Add to Calendar
Start time: Mar-29-04 06:15:56 PST
History: 3 bids (US $999.00 starting bid)
High bidder: bartmanhik( 31)

Item location: Houston, Texas
United States /Houston

Ships to: Worldwide
Shipping and payment details

Seller information
nvelani( 0 )
Feedback Score: 0 feedback reviews
Member since Mar-27-04 in United States

Read feedback comments
Ask seller a question
View seller's other items

Buy with Confidence

This is the car that is on ebay. I'm sure that those rims are from a windstar. Unfortunately i couldn't copy the picture just the info. How do those rims look.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that you mention it, they look very similar to some rims that an old cougar had. I don't remember what year. I guess ford decided to use the same design. They just changed the center cap and the logo. Come to think of it, it was either an old mercury capri or cougar i saw those type of rims on.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
RyanG said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2470564369
Tiny 205's. The rims look ok, maybe they belong on a cougar and not a tbird..
Edit - WTF? It's got an old 94-95 V8. That's one confused car....
Yeah, I think it's more of a very confused seller. It does appear to at least have the 94/95 style intake manifold. He advertised it as a new engine with only 70K, lol. The car itself only has 104K on it. Look at the carpet on that car, absolutely digusting. It looks pretty fishy to me; I'm going to throw a guess out and say it may have been a flood car and hydrolocked the engine at the same time. That would explain the carpet and the original engine dying at only 34K.

I do like the way those rims look on that car though, I might "borrow" the wheels off my grandparents' Windstar to see how they look on my car...:D

·
Registered
362 Posts
98-00 SHO rims or Windstar 5 spoke Sport rims would look awsome on a tbird. If anyone has seen contental SPORT rims in chrome they look like cobra rims sort of SHO rims they woul fit and look good in my opinion too. You just need a spacer.
Regg

·
Registered
153 Posts
Huh. Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. Never would have thought to use Windstar rims, though!

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Is it me or does the rear end look like it's located too far forward? I wonder if this is a salvage? I think the tires are different sizes also... hmmm, 3.8 V6/4.2 V8/missing interior panels, possible salvage title.... Good buy!:tongue:

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
i was also thinking that this car had a history that i wouldnt want one of my cars to have...what else do we need to show somethins not right? no original wheels, no orignal engine, messed up interior, and the paint looks a little too fresh if you ask me...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts