TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking around makin my lists (as you all have no doubtedly noticed) and im wondering if there waere any cougars with the s351 (i think that is right) spoiler or the one that casper has on his tbird (looks like an old mustang trough wing thing) im trying to see what would look good, sporty, effective, but not nasty looking.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

caspers bucket spoiler :) i love the way they look on tbirds, but im not sure how it would look ona cougar

and here is a pic of what i think is the s351 spoiler

also if anyone has any suggestions on what would look good ona cat (pref with pics) lemme know. im lookin to spruce up the outside of this thing a lil bit, it looks like an old people car with the color, but i like its mocha frost goodness. just lookin for some kind of little somethignt o set it off from the actual old ppl

Edited for pics and content
heh

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
cougar_guy04's car:

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
88pimpin said:
cougar_guy04's car:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2140000-2140999/2140971_1_full.jpg[/img]
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2140000-2140999/2140971_2_full.jpg[/img]
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/2140000-2140999/2140971_18_full.jpg[/img]
Not mine, someone from another board.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Okay, well it's the one he posted. Too tired to actually pay attention and notice it's an early 90's Cat. Plus it's black too, so that messed me up.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i think that looks a wee bit excessive. wouldnt that thing get in the of the ariflow path coming off the roof of the car? i know thats what spoilers/wings do, but that one looks like it would have the same effect as puttinga sheet of plywood up on my trunk

edit: isnt that one from a hatchback? i thought the ones for the mustang coupes were a little be less angled. eh well

and just my opinion here, but that black car, while it could look nice, needs to have some serious thought put into a redo, i think its a wee bit tacky, but hey, just my .02

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does that obstruct the rear view aat all? the cats are kinda small in the back glass dept, so i dont wanna lose too much ya know, but i think im definitely goin witht hat one, now all i have to do is picture it on my car witha cobra r hod and some bullits. god i cant wait to get this thing done :D

is that a xenon kit on your cat johnny? it looks like the one for the 97's but the front end doesnt look like im thinkin it should

·
Registered
859 Posts
When looking through the rear glass with the mirror, the wing is almost as high as the top of the 3rd brake light. Doesn't bother me at all. Neither does the flag (as long as its not wet). I don't know how it would look if you got the hatchback version of the wing, I would imagine that it would obstruct a bit more.

The kit is a Xenon kit for a 94/5 Cougar, with the optional "SC styled" sides and door caps. I thought the smoothness of these sides looked better than the crease in the regular Xenon side, plus I got a good deal on them.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my biggest concern with a body kit like that is tht rust grow like mad under the skirts. unless you get em blended and sealed, but i personally think that im jsut gonna get maybe a front clip form the 94~95 kit and the spoiler and maybe a set of cobras/bullits and call her done, at least on the outside

edit: and clear corners (forgot about them :) )

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i did some digging and couldnt find a straight answer on here. but if i were to get a cobra r hood for the 94~95 tbird, would just have to swap out the lights? and would there be a lot of gap if i just went to he 97 lights? i liek the wy thy look more than the faceted plastic ont he 89~95

·
Registered
7,557 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im kinda partial to my 93 bumper. and if i stick with it, its 250~400 less i have to spend :D i spose that i could go 97 on the hood as well tho, the cobra r and the cobra ram air (the one that is on musto's) are for 97. would it look dumb to have 96/97 lights and hood ona 93 bumper?

if it will i would try to just do a 97 conversion all around, but i think the 96/97s are too bubbly (sp)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I really like Johnny Cougar's car but in my opinion and it's just an opinion, that wing wouldn't look good without the rest of the kit he has (GFX, wheels, etc). Everything on there like it is and man it looks good. You should submit that for front page.

Does this guy's driveway back up into a lake or something? Says he is from NC so I don't think it was Katrina flooding.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Lithsanatrex said:
if it will i would try to just do a 97 conversion all around, but i think the 96/97s are too bubbly (sp)
I've figured the same. without the rest of the cladding, the front end doesn't fit. I saw a 35th SC with a 96 nose. Didn't like it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was thinkin about doing a 95 swap over, they arent a bulgy and still ahve that nice little sporty edge to em that the 93 has. but again, i dont know, if i can keep my 93 bumper i will, but if i getthe hod andlights on there and see it looks like crap ill cahnge it

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Lithsanatrex said:
i was thinkin about doing a 95 swap over, they arent a bulgy and still ahve that nice little sporty edge to em that the 93 has. but again, i dont know, if i can keep my 93 bumper i will, but if i getthe hod andlights on there and see it looks like crap ill cahnge it
Are you talkin' 95 cougar lights or T-bird lights?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts