TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the differences in winsor and romeo heads for the 4.6L? PI/non-PI? Anyone know? Which is better?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i think that depends on what you think better is. the romeos will give you more compression and use your stock tbird valve covers. if you plan on running boost the windsors might be better, but it depends on the application. the cams are the same. as far as i know the installation is identical for the two except for the covers. if im wrong though someone will surely correct me

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
differences affecting performance are negligible.
Look Here First

I'm fairly sure the difference is that windsor heads will need new valve covers, while romeos, you can re-use your current ones. The difference in the valve covers that would affect anything is that windsors have the oil fill tube on the passenger side instead of the drivers side.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
This was a question for me to answer and you guys beat me to it.

They are both right, The romeos raise compression slightly more. Thats the only difference, well and the valve covers. From what i have found through searchin for heads, it seem that you can buy romeos a little cheaper cuz everyone wants windsors

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm. Man I need to do some moer research. So Romeos are best suited for N/A power, while windsors are more suited for P/A power. Right?

I guess let me get this straight. If I wanna stay N/A for a while and see if I can get into the 13s with no power adders, would I be better suited to the Romeo PI heads or the windsors?

And will my stock intake bolt up to them or is there an aluminum PI intake to go with them? I'm just iffy about having a plastic intake under my hood.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
either romeo or windsors will be good for N/A With windsors they will raise the compression to about 10.5:1 so even running a lot of boost on that might not be a good idea.

As far as the intake, you need to get a crappy plastic one from a 99-02 GT. The 02 GT is best because in the front it has an aluminum running for coolant. But Iv had a hard time finding a used one. I just picked up a 99 GT intake for $75, Beats the $200 for a new one. So you can get a bullitt intake and that will run you upwards of a $1000. So its up to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts