TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the summer I'd have anywhere from 15-30 new emails every day with topic reply notification and now I'm lucky to get 5 :( How am I to whore if there's nothing to whore about? I guess Winter is just a slow season for car enthusiasts. It's a good time to get parts ordered to install when it gets warm out though. I have a very aggressive cam shaft and valve springs on the way here, anyone else getting parts ordered for warmer weather?
-Thomas

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I dunno...I've been whoring it up like crazy lately...just today I had about 40 new reply notifications...you just have to hone your whore skills.

see? Like that :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
What is up with worrieing post count any way seems like penis envy or somethig:confused: :D

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I think it's kind of one of those "becuase it's there" type of things...or people just have too much time on their hands sometimes :leftright Maybe some of the real postwhores on this board can shead some light on this.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Well I have parts ordered, but I have a big force air heater, so I won't be waiting for warmer weather.......

MSD rpm Window switch
70mm throttle body
3000 stall torque converter
new coil packs
upper control arms
99+ mustang dual piston calipers
some other stuff ;)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Okay Earl, from a "Real Post Whore". ;)

I used to post quite a bit when I was new to the board and there was under 1000 members. I enjoyed helping the members who had little experience with cars diagnose and fix problems that they've had.

I also asked a lot of questions initially and got into some discussions with others.

Many things get repeated, so rather than repeat myself, I leave that to others. Also, there are few posters with problems who actually come back and advise that a problem is resolved, so you never know if things work out or not. Even if a suggestion was not correct, it doesn't hurt to come back and thank those who offer up suggestions and then advise on the outcome. That doesn't tend to motivate a person to offer suggestions later.

I also realize that I had spent too much time posting here, and not enough on other things. Now I tend to browse new posts and comment where I can add something.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Earl said:
I think it's kind of one of those "becuase it's there" type of things...or people just have too much time on their hands sometimes :leftright Maybe some of the real postwhores on this board can shead some light on this.

I don't know anyone that has too much time on their hands on these boards.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Heated shop, no waiting for spring for me, I'm going to be in the 13's before spring if it kills me, or drives me to Bankruptcy:D Just kidding, but the parts are slowly making their way into my garage. Now if I could just get them into the car, but you all know the deal, buy one thing, but need something else to go with it, then something else, then something else, and working on a limited budget doesn't help. Just can't wait for tax returns:cool:

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
West Texas where it was 75* on thanksgiving and is still in the 60s and 70s during the day. If I had money I could still work comfortably.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
My posts per day took a nose dive when I took on my new job. I used to waste a TON of time on the boards.

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah most of my posts are just replies to repetative things like "which exhaust" or "K&N cone or replacement?" but I always figure it doesn't hurt to reply to them. It doesn't really get old for me I guess. Even if they don't say thanks for tell me their outcome it's still gratifying for me.
-Thomas

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Thomas said:
Yeah most of my posts are just replies to repetative things like "which exhaust" or "K&N cone or replacement?" but I always figure it doesn't hurt to reply to them. It doesn't really get old for me I guess. Even if they don't say thanks for tell me their outcome it's still gratifying for me.
-Thomas
Admit it, you're just trying to move up in the top 10 post whores board.:tongue:

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how in the heck did you get 30 posts ahead of me in the morning hours? You're a machine!
-Thomas

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Uh huh, sure. What can I say? I don't know what you're talking about. I've sat around on medication all morning.....:leftright

·
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You've made 44 posts today and it's only 1:22pm yet. Going for a record amount of posts in one day? lol.
-Thomas

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yall better cut it out, I got friends that can reset your post counts to - 50000

:D

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Who said I'm post whoring? I'm just contributing to the overall knowledge base of this forum like I used to since I'm bed ridden and on medication.:tongue:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts