TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I was just sitting here wondering what I need to do to my car over winter and was wondering what everyone else will be doing to there car over the winter. So what does everybody have planned or thinking about doing over the winter?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
well, I just got a new job.... making pretty decent money
I'd like to get a beater bird and keep mine in the garage all winter while I get parts for a PI swap, 4.30's, driveshaft, TC.
Who knows...I still have a DOHC sitting around, but I dont wanna put in a stock aluminum block. I'd rather wait til I have serious money and use the block what it's meant for...real power.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Well last year i did the PI swap and this year im gonna do True dual exhaust,Lmaf,and a tune.Maybe a 75mm t-body and plenum.And more stuff if i have extra money.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cougarnut281 said:
Fixing some rust, painting the car, bigger sway bars, and building a new motor for the car since the last one had a nitrous hiccup that fractured two pistons.
Hey I got 8 stock pistons and rod's!!:D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ThunderBeast86 said:
well, I just got a new job.... making pretty decent money
I'd like to get a beater bird and keep mine in the garage all winter while I get parts for a PI swap, 4.30's, driveshaft, TC.
Who knows...I still have a DOHC sitting around, but I dont wanna put in a stock aluminum block. I'd rather wait til I have serious money and use the block what it's meant for...real power.
Save your money and do the dohc engine. If I had to do it over that's what I would go with.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
96 Build up

~~Hello

Well I am adding a 2x3 chassis frame + a interior role cage.
351W engine, 2bbl carb, dura spark II ing.
C4 auto trany, 3.90 open rear
replacing radiator support, moving steering shaft.
Dual Exhaust - (Mustang)
Lexan windshield + No glass

Paul

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to tear my upper end apart now to get it running right again. Hopefully adding Mechanical gauges, and if I can get the money together No2.

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Why a 2BBL???????????

Do a Holley 650.

tbirdtess said:
~~Hello

Well I am adding a 2x3 chassis frame + a interior role cage.
351W engine, 2bbl carb, dura spark II ing.
C4 auto trany, 3.90 open rear
replacing radiator support, moving steering shaft.
Dual Exhaust - (Mustang)
Lexan windshield + No glass

Paul

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cougarnut281 said:
Whats going on with your upper end?
Sound's like a bad rocker arm, but I talked with the guy that did my block and he said to check the lifters first.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mark M. TCCoA VP said:
Mine goes in for it's long winter sleep within two weeks and won't wake until May 07.
hey since you park your's all winter do start it up occasionally to get the oil flowing or anything?

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
Nope, I just top off the fluids, Have at least 3/4 of a tank of gas and disconnect the battery. Been doing this for years. While I was going through my long divorce I had her parked away for two years and I had to install a new battery and disconnected the coil wire so I could crank the motor without starting it. This was to get some oil flowing. Even the gas held up. Two years is not a wise thing to do but it was how it turned out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts