TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any projects over the up coming winter? Engine swaps, head swaps, intake up grades, brakes, exhaust, what!? What's going on? Post up your winter project!:D

·
Registered
917 Posts
I plan on doing a PI headswap with some mild cams and Preston's ported exhaust manifolds. I need to install my m8 driveshaft and a 255lph fuel pump, re-clutch the diff, put on my front sport shocks, install my new front and rear sway bar links, and get rid of the t-fitting on my intake manifold, put on my new power antenna and drivers side mirror. If im lucky i might get the exhaust tips cut off and add some rear mufflers. If i some how get rich i will fix the fender, bumper and trunk lid. I also need to buy some lowering springs so i can finish up the suspension. I also am looking for an LTD like my first one to build up and be my weekend hotrod.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i plan on doing new cooling system
flushing all the fluids (bleed brakes, tranny filter etc..)
new UCA's
some bushings
tires
and probably something with the exhaust.

but its flordia so there isnt really a winter project time, i just happen to be doing it now.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm gonna address some minor interior things on the SC, fix the exhaust and maybe swap over to the '96/'97 headlights. Other than that I don't see much happening this winter.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
shaker hood on my Mark with functional scoop

·
Registered
385 Posts
im going to small block ford, shouldnt have sold my AED stuff but i like working on sbf i feel lik its alot easier , but anyways 302 ish AOD right now im in process of finding a turbo if i cant find a deicent deal with in a month or so ill just run n/a

·
Registered
605 Posts
Swaping out my 3.8 to a 03 explorer motor :D Just bought a donor car so I have all the parts. Got a 03 mustang trans thats being built and a 8.8 with a trac lock and 3.55 gears.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
pi head swap, pi intake, cam swap, new suspension, and what ever else i can afford to go faster. my head sawp is my first priority.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Rebuild my front end with new bushing and the like , Having know problems with it but want hurt to replace :)

And replace the plugs in my Jag

·
Registered
105 Posts
No big plans for the bird this winter, but plan on doing a lot of work on my 1976 Jeep Wagoneer. It's eventually gonna be my tow rig so I can bring more projects home.

·
shaken, not stirred
1,219 Posts
Ahhh, this winter......

1. Explorer Motor Swap
2. Marauder TC swap
3. New complete exhaust
4. New Drive shaft
5. Tranny cooler
6. J-mod

Thats the plans, depending on the time and $$$ I have

C.Hill

·
Registered
484 Posts
i just rented a 2 bay garage for the winter no workin outside in the cold anymore:D

i plan on installing the pile of parts ive gatherd for the bird over the past month
body kit, hub swap, pbr calipers, drag bags, etc have em all sittin here.
reroute my exhaust to line up with the body kit and then give it a fresh coat of paint.

on my 70 chevelle i plan on installing a big brake kit, install some new heads with a smaller cc (bump up the comprssion), install a t-56 6 speed (automatic in this car is no fun;)) covens classics gauges, and then probiby gonna paint it candy red with black stripes and give it 10 coats of clear.

but if this project spirals out of controll like my bird did the list will surely grow

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Winter

3.27 Traction Lock

B&M Ripper

Rear slotted/drilled rotors and new calipers and stainless steel flex lines.

Keep up developing braces/ideas

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Car-wise, I'm gonna start looking into some stuff to turn it into a Sport clone (wheels, grill, find something to replace the chrome bumper trim, door handles, some suspension goodies)

Otherwise, building a workbench in the spare bedroom and getting some stuff done with my other hobby.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
3.27 Trac-Loc, rear SC swaybar, install shock tower brace (thanks for all 3 Ron!), re-install audio system (won't fit the way it is with the brace) and paint touch ups. Time and money depending, 99+ trans w/ JMod and Marauder TC.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Probably just put a whole new exhaust system on it. It's kinda illegal right now, lol.

·
Registered
836 Posts
lose another 100-200 pounds of the car, skinny front tires, race seats in my wifes mach 1
alum diff, possibly 430 gears. Driveshaft safety loop if i can ever find one, possibly nitrous hooked up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts