TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove my wiper arms to paint them where the stock paint has worn off. I know they're held on with the little clips, but for the life of me I can't get the clips off with a screwdriver, and if I didn't know better, I'd suspect that Ford engineered this car so that you have to remove the hood to remove the wiper arms. Can anyone help me out? Is there some little trick I'm missing?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Are you pulling the arm all the way up off the windshield before trying to remove the clip? You know how they're spring loaded, and you can pull them back a bit, try doing that and while holding them all the way up, pop the clip out w/ your screwdriver. They may be stuck on the motor a bit, and they are splined, so just wiggle them a bit and pull up as you do. They should come right off.

Jay

·
Registered
327 Posts
the clips dont come off, just pull them out with a screwdriver as far as you can then lift straight up from the base. When i took mine off, one came off very easily, but the other was a *****.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Once you pull the clip out you can let the wiper back down and it will hold the clip in place so you can pull the wiper straight up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I painted mine installed, just protect your windshield and everithing around the wipers and pray. Now they look brand new

1 - 5 of 5 Posts