1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
so you're 2" longer than stock. I usually get 21 or 22 inch

·
Super Moderator
11,872 Posts
I use 22" passenger side and 24" drivers side! Now that cleans the windshield! The OEM 20" size is way to small.

·
Super Moderator
11,872 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I use 22" passenger side and 24" drivers side! Now that cleans the windshield! The OEM 20" size is way to small.
Yep. That's what I run as well. Just like my f150 came with 18" from the factory, I'm running 24" on both sides IIRC and there is STILL room.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
24/22 works great on Ruby. It'll work better when I finally get the wiper arm installed in the best location *grins*

RwP

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
Currently it's a small bit low - whacks the cowl cover.

I need to remove it and put it back on.

I had them off, and the cowl covers, and the wiper motor platform, while working on Ruby this past ten months.

Had them sandblasted and repainted them flat black, too. They look a LOT better. Too bad the hood paint just about died while working on the car ...

RwP

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
20 inches on MN12s?

My "92 and my "95 both always wear 22" blades, just put a set on the '95 two days ago.
I'm pretty sure the catalog on computer at AAP shows 22" as well. I run the same blades on my '01 Mercury GM.

:cool:

Too bad the hood paint just about died while working on the car ...RwP
Damn .... my '95 looked so great until this year and the hood and roof both started dying and FAST. Got a guy says he'll paint them and treat me right (he will, I've known him 35 years) and I guess we'll do trunk too. Sides look great! It's my DD, 82K miles now .... just waiting for when he's ready.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
Damn .... my '95 looked so great until this year and the hood and roof both started dying and FAST. Got a guy says he'll paint them and treat me right (he will, I've known him 35 years) and I guess we'll do trunk too. Sides look great! It's my DD, 82K miles now .... just waiting for when he's ready.
I have an offer from the paint and body guy for a local Ford dealership (interestingly enough the one that one nephew works at as service manager, another nephew's ex-wife as service writer, and the other nephew's son used to work as a mechanic) for about $2000 including all body work needed to cherry her out, if I do the front bumper first (which I have a replacement bumper - need to cut the cornering light holes in it and remove the chrome trim so I can reattach the body-color trim off the old broken bumper cover).

I don't think that's a bad price, all things considered. Especially for a professional painter. And since the nephew who's the service manager was certified in auto body and paint (he can't do it for a living being asthmatic ... ) and says it's a great job, AND the nephew's '94 Mustang GT is being painted for $1500 ...

RwP

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Is OEM really 20"? I had to get new blades today, and the little book on the store shelf told me 22". Does Ford expect the longer blades to transmit more resistance, stressing wiper motors or something?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Okay, so here's a question, what's everyone using for blades? I replaced the ones on both cars last year with some highly rated, yet cheap model, but the passenger side on the 97 doesn't make contact at the top of the window when they are off so it wiggles a bit. The drivers side and both sides of the '02 are just fine though.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
ShadowDragon - what length blades did you use on the 97?

RwP

1 - 20 of 39 Posts