TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a water leak at the firewall which I am looking for. The drivers side footwell is wet and it seems to be coming from around the steering column pass thru or above. I took off the top of the wiper linkage covers and found that the plastic is all cracked up from some idiot mechanic that changed the power brake booster without removing the wiper linkage assembly. I started looking for a replacement linkage assembly and noticed that there was change in mid 1996.

Does anybody know what the change to wiper linkage was? Anybody ever have a leak at the firewall like this?

Thanks

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
here are some pics of the firewall stripped to give you an idea of where your leak might be coming from...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the pictures. I guess your building a track car.

I think I found the leak . It appears to be from the bolts around the steering column pass through bellows. The nuts were a little loose and the padding is not wet above them. I see holes in your firewall roughly were the studs are for the bellows. I sealed everything up from the outside with some silicone and got a new wiper transmission from the junkyard. I think I had a lot of water going down the firewall from the broken up plastic wiper transmission which probably caused or enhanced the leak. I also found the air horn on the passenger side had a broken its seal so I removed it and resealed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts