TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last little while, my wipers have worked fine, except for they have been smacking the bottom and side of the windshield when they are on. It's like they have too much movementfrom side to side in them. So this didn't bug me too much, but then this weekend they were doing that harder and harder and then finally something broke and they do not move at all. I can turn the switch on, and a little bit of noise is there, but thats it. Any ideas? I am clueless on what is wrong...did a search but nothing. HELP I NEED MY WIPERS FOR SNOW!!!

-Joel

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
I suspect the motor, or something inside the wiper arms linkage/pivot shaft, especially if you heard something break...a quick test would be to nab a couple wiper arms from a salvage yard, install them, and see if that helps any.

Here's an excerpt from the 1995 Service Manual:

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIXED IT!

Ended up being the main bolt above the motor that holds the linkage down. Just tightened her down, and threw it all together again. Man that entire system looks nasty to work on, glad this was simple. Best of it all was I got to see all the interesting creatures under those black panels...WOW Thanks for the help! Finished that and then added some new wipers and a fresh coat of rain-x. Can't wait till next week when she gets a LOT LOT LOT more.:D

-Joel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts