TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 89 Super Coupe yesterday. One of the little problems with it is the windshield wipers. They don't appear to work at all, not sure what the problem is.

Is there an easy way to tell whether the problem is in my wiper motor, the switch, or somewhere else (fuse?)? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: kinda went through some stuff, windshield wipers and washers do not work, tried putting the multifunction switch into all different places and trying them, no luck. Turn signals and such work just fine.

Im still not sure if the problem is in the wiper motor, the multifunction switch, or somewhere else. Could someone please help me out here? Thanks

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Check for any blown fuses first of all. After that I would think wiper motors because of the fact that the blinkers still work. Do the window washers work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, after inspection of the fuses a few minutes ago (my dumb self forgot to check them first), the 8.25 amp fuse was missing, so i swapped in a 10 to try it real quick, washers appear to work just fine. When trying to turn the wipers on, all i got was a click sound from the vicinity of the wiper motor. So ill be looking for a replacement wiper motor (any suggestions?). Thanks for the response :)

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
If you need new parts talk to Dan Newman or Rod, Dan has the FordPartsHQ section under the marketplace forum, Rod (racecougar) has a thread somewhere in the FS forum about parts cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts