TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
ok i did this wiper change thing on my 92 cougar, and ended up stabbing myself in the hand with a screwdriver. if your using the same retaining clips, dont break those, you should be able to push down on a tab on one end of the wiper blade where it meets at the arm. if your using new retaining clips, just break the old ones with a slotted screwdriver, then folloow the directions that might have come with the new wipers

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Just lift the wiper blade off of the windshield. With it in the up position, use a screwdriver to pull the tab out. Now, with the wiper blade in the up position and the tab pulled out, wiggle the arm straight off of the post.
Oops. My bad. I just realized you are only trying to get the blade off.

·
Registered
970 Posts
well on mine.. there are metal tabs down over the replacable cartridge on each side. 1 way is to bend that tab up (as stated), however you can also bend the arm (within the limits of the springs as to not cause deformity) enough to pop the farthest end out and snake the cartridge out that way.

however I guess if yours are different than that....

:confused:

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Look in the middle where the pin that hold the entire arm is. There should be a tab of plastic in there. Press or pull up (can't remember which way) on this tab, and try pulling the blade assembly away from the pin as you are holding the tab. It should pop off.

Word of warning: If the blade pops off all of the sudden, the arm WILL smash into your windshield, and it may crack it. I usually put something over the glass that would absorb the impact (carboard, blanket, etc..) just in case. Hate to see a $4 wiper blade turn into a $100 windshield.

Jay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts