TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, when i replaced my wiper cowl, i kind of broke the motor....it will only return to the bottom, but won't actually start moving at all, only will react if i move them from the outside. The car is at my house and i am on the road, you cannot hear the wipers do anything with it set to any setting.

·
Administrator
8,210 Posts
I wonder if the transmission arm popped off the wiper motor.

Joe

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Remove the wiper motor, and test it by putting 12 volts DC on one terminal, and ground one of the other terminals..

It should have a high and low speed..Anyways, the wiper motor may have seized up on you..It does happen..

At least by testing the motor first..You can eliminate that as one of the possible reasons your wipers aren't working..

Report back with your findings..

Rayo..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remove the wiper motor, and test it by putting 12 volts DC on one terminal, and ground one of the other terminals..

It should have a high and low speed..Anyways, the wiper motor may have seized up on you..It does happen..

At least by testing the motor first..You can eliminate that as one of the possible reasons your wipers aren't working..

Report back with your findings..

Rayo..
I'm not going to be able to do this until christmas.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Originally..All of the 94-97 MN12 came from the factory with the 6-pin/terminal wiper motors..

Then Ford went to a universal 5-pin/terminal wiper motor..Which requires the use of an adapter pigtail..

Until you have the harness removed from the wiper motor..It's anyones guess if you still have the original 6-pin motor..

Anyways..I'm going to post the pinouts of both the 5-pin and 6-pin wiper motors..

These are the actual pinouts of the motors themselves..
So you know where to put the 12 volts DC, and where to ground at..

On the factory wiper motor (6-pin) there is an actual ground (-) pin as you can see from the diagram..

The (5-pin) wiper motor doesn't have a ground (-) pin..So when you go to test the motor..
You must use the case of the motor to ground it with..the metal part of it :D

Rayo..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did it leave the factory with the 6 pin? because mine looked like it came with the car when it left Lorain in Aug 1995.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Did it leave the factory with the 6 pin? because mine looked like it came with the car when it left Lorain in Aug 1995.
If it's the original wiper motor yes..It's the 6-pin..

Don't make that call just by looking at it though..Actually unplug the harness from the motor so you know for sure.. :thumbsup:

Rayo..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts