TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are spark plug wires that can be used with the 97 Mark COP designed valve covers?

·
Super Moderator
10,302 Posts
I thought the valvecover was the same, but the coil cover was a wire cover on the older ones. I thought I could use the 93-95 wires. Now I'm not sure.

If I'm wrong, I guess I'll have to find a set as well. :facepalm:

Stock mn12 wires won't even get close to the plugs; they're deep.

Anyone got a pic of a 93 dohc valvecover?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to cut the top part of my wires off just to get by making them work. They don't reach all that good either. I think the holes for the 97 98 Mark are deeper than the 96 and lower.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Here are some of a 94 Mark8. As you can see I have not gotten far on the 2v Teksid PI build. I can get better pics tommorrow if needed.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Does anyone know if there are spark plug wires that can be used with the 97 Mark COP designed valve covers?
No you can use any 93-95 mark viii wire set or 96-98 cobra 4v wire set along with valve covers from a 93-95 mark viii or 96-98 cobra any coil on plug dohc valve cover won't work properly with a plug wire set. Of course if you'd rather go with coil on plug you can keep the valve covers you have, buy the coils, and make a harness with the instructions guitar maestro posted.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I thought. I wasn't sure if you could by one of the custom wire sets you cut to fit and make them work. Either way I think you would have to cut on the tops of the wire boots to make them fit down in there. I have the wire covers for those valve covers so you won't see them but I don't really like the idea of cutting on the boots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts