TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
During the winter here in Sweden it has been some working in the garage! See the pic.!

-4.6L squeezed in!

-Mod. Oil-pan!
C:\Documents and Settings\jpms\My Documents\Privat\Mustang 4,6L\Bilder\Garaget 050408
-Mod. Steering!
C:\Documents and Settings\jpms\My Documents\Privat\Mustang 4,6L\Bilder\Garaget 050408
-Main Wiring Hardness!

The wiring is nearly done but there are still some question marks about some wires and circuits functions.
- The Over Drive switch and Lamp (pin29 and 79). Wiring diagram and circuit description NEEDED!
- The Brake ON/OFF switch (pin 92). Wiring diagram and circuit description NEEDED!
- The Warning and Alarms (pin 70). Wiring diagram and circuit description NEEDED!
- The DLC-pin output. In my schematics (Haynes) the pins in the DLC-connector does not compute with general setup for Ford (PWN) DLC-pin outputs? The pin numbers seems to bee mirrored??? If I translate the pin numbers (1=16, 2=15 etc. to 16=1) they compute with the general Ford (PWN-protocol) setup except for the ground (pin 12 DLC, Haynes Schematics) and signal ground(pin 13 DLC, Haynes Schematics).

And any tips hand suggestions on how to fix the speedometer Cable to a suitable Speed Sensor (VSS) the one on the T-bird dose not have a cable output! But there have to be some Ford Vehicles with a VSS that have a speedometer cable output! Ford Taurus -89???.

Very anxious to figure out these, I hope, only existing question marks in this conversion project!
Any Help is very appreciating!
/Mattias

Hello!
I´m about to wiring up a -94 4,6L T-bird machine with 4R70W trans. in a -69 fastback mustang. I have all the wiring hardness including the PCM (EEC-V). But there are some wire bundles that have been cut, for example the cables to the transmission. I have scanned this forum, and the net, and found some helpful information, but not specific for the -94, -95 T-bird. I have also thought of baying a manual but I don’t know how’s best (best and accurate wiring diagrams etc.) in my case (Haynes, Chilton, ALLDATA). And its in principle only the PCM-pin out diagram I need to complete the wiring an identify the loos ends. So a complete manual seems a bit overkill. I have on this forum found a PCM-pin out diagram for the -96 to -98 setup, I believe. Butt that I don’t dear to use thou I believe its not 100% accurate for the -94-95 setup of the T-bird! So any help given in this case of wiring up is taken!
And another question is what software/hardware cable (OBDI or II) suits best for the T-bird (and how to wiring up) to reed DTC:s, any experience and advice in this subject also needed.
/Mattias

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have these stored from a post waaaaaaaaay back when... i know its for 4.6 tbird but cant remember which yr.

Hope it helps...

·
Registered
293 Posts
First a welcome to the community, always good to see more European US car freaks :ztoohot:

No offense, but I hope you do realize it's an ENORMOUS task to swap OBDII compliant and PCM controlled stuff into a car that's never meant to have all of these modern gizzmo's. I don't know if you're allready have a nice donorcar or cars to swap things over, otherwise I strongly advise you to find some. I'm guessing the situation in Sweden doesn't differ much from Holland, so finding a decent partscar can be a pita......US Fords are rare in Europe as you may allready found out :(

Perhaps a manual on CD can give you a start. It's pretty cheap to buy and contains lots of information on electronics and wiring schematics among other usefull info. Found one for a 94 on Ebay

I really hope you can perform the task, your car should be unique...:thumbsup:
Good luck with it.....

Ed...

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
mylittleblackbird said:
Not that it is any of my business, but why would you put a 94/95 4.6 in a 69 Fastback?
I probably wouldn't do it, myself, but if you like modular and you like '69 fastbacks, why not? Not something you will see every day. Good luck to you. Keep us posted of your progress. Pictures would be really cool, too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes!
That’s a kind of answer I’d hope for, but it would be even nicer if you were sure of that if was to a -94 T-bird! I have seen this pin out list some were else on this forum but I haven’t been able to check it with my hardware in my garage yet. It might be accurate! Tanks !!!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
imo , a 69 stang should have an fe series motor 390 or larger :D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If you saw the gas prices in Sweden youd look at a 4.6 instead of the FE big blocks lol.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
true ,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have now compared this pin out list with my wiring and its not 100% corresponding. Ther are menny pins that seems to correspond to the list but ther are some that dont. Pins for shifting solonoids and fan etc. don´t seem to bee right.
So I´m quite sure that this list is not for a -94 T-bird 4,6L, maby a later setup?
/mattias

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
mylittleblackbird said:
Not that it is any of my business, but why would you put a 94/95 4.6 in a 69 Fastback?
The same reason that at some time in the future I plan on stabbing a 6.8L V-10/4R100 in my old '68 Fairlane.
JL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes! What a Christmas present!
Many thanks and a really happy Christmas and a Happy new year! To you all T-bird enthusiasts and a special thanks to Al_Florida for the great schematics for the –94 T-bird PCM!

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
You're welcome. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts