TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 95 bird, changed the radiator fan and got to looking and would like to know what the black with red strip wire is for, and is the blue wire the power wire or is it a two speed fan and one is low speed and the other high speed, or is one a sensor wire or what? I know that the black (solid black) wire is ground but what do the other two do?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, that is what I wanted to know and the schematic is very helpful. Thanks again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
408 Posts
One other thing if you would please, which fuse/fuses control the fan? If any under the hood and which one under the dash?.
My manual says there's a 60 amp (yellow) fan fuse in the distro box (engine bay, LH fender apron) in the #5 cavity.

There's no radiator fan fuse inside the vehicle, but there is a 5A fuse in the #8 slot of the interior junction panel which goes to the coolant level sensor, among other things.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My manual says there's a 60 amp (yellow) fan fuse in the distro box (engine bay, LH fender apron) in the #5 cavity.

There's no radiator fan fuse inside the vehicle, but there is a 5A fuse in the #8 slot of the interior junction panel which goes to the coolant level sensor, among other things.
Thanks, I'll look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts