TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out ford australias website...being bored and stuff.... Those falcons are sweet! Wish there was some way to import one and be able to drive it and all...but stupid aussies drive on the wrong side of the car :( (and id have to be rich to get one here hehe)

http://www.ford.com.au/showroom/passenger/Passenger_Vehicles.asp

Greg

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Who wants snow??????????? I was in NC for like the worst blizzard they had a few years back, and it sucked. I still had to go to work, and idiots who've never had to drive in more than 2" of snow, now are out in about 18" of snow. Snow sucks, I'm happy without it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Why doesn't Ford build the Falcon for the US? I think they could use a great-looking, sporty, four-door sedan.;) It would beat the heck out of the Taurus.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea...but that would like make sense and stuff..."dubya tee eff" make a car that people want? bleh!

;)

Greg

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Who wants snow??????????? I was in NC for like the worst blizzard they had a few years back, and it sucked. I still had to go to work, and idiots who've never had to drive in more than 2" of snow, now are out in about 18" of snow. Snow sucks, I'm happy without it.
I couldn't leave work! I went to work the night of that Nor`Easter and by the time my shift was over my Galant and my friends Grand Prix were nothing but snowdrifts. You could kinda see his mirror, but my car was just a blob of white. I got out of there 40 some hours after I went in and they called me right back!

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
I was down there about 3 months ago, my rental was a Falcon. It does snow in the south, down around Melbourne, not a lot, more in the mountains, and a lot more in Tasmania. "Dead of winter" in Sydney temps were about 60 in the daytime, 40 at night the whole time I was there. The surfers were out every day. Lots of cool cars there. Gas is expensive though, about 60 cents US per liter.

Here's my rental, base model Falcon, 4.0 OHC I-6. Hertz didn't rent anything like the XR8 or FPV Falcons, no Utes either. I had to upgrade to this, they had me down for a damn Camry. I did a few burnouts in it.

http://www.tccoa.com/~kdanner/falcon/aussiefalcon.htm

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
JustinH said:
neat stuff, you can tell that its a suped up taurus of sorts.

JH
I really like the one from the link that GregK posted, but at least the one that Kdanner posted doesn't look like a bastardized jelly bean like the current and especially the last gen taurus. I defintely think that that thing would sell if they brought it here.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Oh, but Rich, in Oklahoma, we get ice...even more fun to drive on.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
DirtyBird46 said:

Anyone know what that is in HP?
350HP

The FPV falcons are a 290KW NA 5.4 32V, that is 390HP. I like the pursuit ute myself.

Both the Ford and the Holden utes are real popular, a lot of them are work trucks, sold as a chassis cab and they have some kind of flatbed or box truck body on the back. I even saw one that had a tag axle added. Strange looking, something with a small cab like that, and a utility body.

Other cool stuff I saw was a couple of Lotus Elises and lots of Nissan Skyline GTRs.

·
Registered
773 Posts
JustinH said:
neat stuff, you can tell that its a suped up taurus of sorts.

JH
Hey Guys look at the motor a straight 6 mounted straight up its REAR wheel DRIVE!:D

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
5.0 Chero said:

Hey Guys look at the motor a straight 6 mounted straight up its REAR wheel DRIVE!:D
Yea thats what i was thinking lol. It does have a trace of taurus styling in it tho, but it looks sweet. Taurus's always look like their trying so hard to look good, but they dont. Also i never seen a taurus with a DOHC 5.4L :)

Greg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts