TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone try to take advantage of the hp increase?

It was -23deg F, and I got my SHO to do 156mph. :eek:

I was the only car on the road, it was a "controlled access highway" and visibilty was unlimited. Still, I don't think I'll be going that fast ever again on a public road. :leftright

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yes! This cold weather sucks for starting big deisels, but once engines are running - they love the cold.

I never got near as fast as you GB, but I did ALOT of sprints up to 80mph.

This in the Marquis of course, but in the cold she performs as well as my Cougar does on a hot day in the summer!

So what kind of hp increases are we looking at here?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
The conditions near Greenland and a flow of air from Siberia have created cold temperatures in the US.

A blocking high has formed in North-eastern Canada, forcing the polar vortex much farther south than usual.

The flow around the polar vortex drags cold air from central and norther Canada into the U.S.

A cross-polar flow has enabled bitter, cold air that originated in Siberia to travel across the polar regions down into North America.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MercCougarXR7 said:
So what kind of hp increases are we looking at here?
My Super Calibrated *** Hairs tell me about 10%.

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
Yer a genius.
something goes even slightly wrong at that speed...
U = teh hamburger

Alas, we all do STUPID stuff from time to time.

as for taking advantage of the cold, I can't get enough traction for all the FRIGGIN ICE still around to enjoy it.

Rob, however, took his '86 5.0 bird to Rockingham and busted out a 13.8x. Usually that car runs the very bottom 14's.

"Some one asked me today, Phil, if you could be anywhere in the US, where would you be? I told 'em right about here, Elko, Nevada; Our nation's high at 79 today. out in the midwest we're gonna have gang wars and some very overpriced real estate. Out in California, as you can see...some very very tall trees. But what does that mean for us here in the Three Rivers Area? That's right, one of these big BLUE THINGS!! Tha's right, cold front comin thru. All of this moisture comin up out of the gulf is gonna crysalize at high altitude, gonna give us what we call 'snow'. Goin out on a limb here folks, not gonna hit us; it's gonna push out to the east and hit Altoona. WHEEW! Close call folks. Let's take a look at the 'five day'. As you can see, nothing to be TOO scared about, bundle up warm ofcourse..."
:D

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
AndyR said:
Yer a genius.
something goes even slightly wrong at that speed...
U = teh hamburger
At least he can properly spell "You're", "You", and "The"

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

At least he can properly spell "You're", "You", and "The"
There's a difference between being able to and purposely spelling it wrong.

smart as... smart alec
:tongue:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
AndyR said:

There's a difference between being able to and purposely spelling it wrong.

smart as... smart alec
:tongue:
Ok, I can understand shortening "you're" and "you" for laziness sake, but what is the point of "teh" A) It does not sound right in the slightest and B) It's the same number of characters, in fact the same characters with two of them transposed so it does not save any typing for all the lazy people.

Oh and C) Why didn't you dance!!!!!!?????? :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner: :znanner:

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
ShadowDragon said:

Ok, I can understand shortening "you're" and "you" for laziness sake, but what is the point of "teh" A) It does not sound right in the slightest and B) It's the same number of characters, in fact the same characters with two of them transposed so it does not save any typing for all the lazy people.
OR, you could just take it as the joke it was obviously meant to be and let it alone.
How bout analyzing that?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
or you two could stop bickering, before I come to you two's respective locations, and lay the smack down on you!:uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Or you can keep your nose out of it since you will never make it to Raleigh without popping a line or fitting. ;)

·
Koolbreeze
841 Posts
JoelBender said:
or you two could stop bickering, before I come to you two's respective locations, and lay the smack down on you!:uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint:
HEY!
When we want YER oppinion, we'll give it to you!

Now Joel, have you noticed any HP gains from the cold?:D

The car does feel stronger at times

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yea, I have noticed a bit more get up and go in this cold stuff, makes it way to easy to break the tires loose now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts