TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
I've got two words...

~LegoZ Own3z!

:D

(that reminds me...I was gonna whip out the big tub I have mine in and go to town with them....got about 10 gallons worth of them)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I still had legos...I had a massive collection....used to build bada$$ boats, jeeps, etc. I had a lego jeep and pulled a lego boat behind it....even made up a travel trailer to pull behind it....aaahh good times. My new nephew will DEFINANTLY be playing with legos....toy cars too!!:D :D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i used to have so many legos and the technics set.... i built a stingray vette out of legos with working doors, steering, hood, have a "motor".. it looked as close as legos can get it.. i did that when i was like 10 or 11... i stillhave my legos at my parents house.. since i had no friends as a kid, i played with legos. who cares about hours of fun? it was years of fun!... yea, im a loser, and i have built with legos in the past 6 months and im almsot 19... lol.. -greg

·
Registered
515 Posts
hahaha im rolling on the floor, look at the law section
edit-now that im looking at these, this person had way too much time and this is kinda wrong

·
Registered
970 Posts
glowing escape said:
yea, im a loser, and i have built with legos in the past 6 months and im almsot 19... lol.. -greg
HEY! that's un-called for!

heck, just a couple months ago I built a drag strip...sorta...or something....
I made the staging lights and a bunch of cars and some trailers....
I'll be 20 in just a shade under 2 months...

I never got into anything too elaborate....Just usually took the kits and modified them....

Had a big yaght.....bunch of smaller boats....they were the rebels.....and then I had the good guys...the townspeople....they had some boats too...and a type of hovercraft that I made up.....all the boats had guns.....and the towns people had cruise missles......and I had helicopters....that had guns......but they never relaly shot anyone.....cause then what would I do.....everyone would be dead.......and it would end......and I'd have to start over......and I didn't want to start over....cause I worked so hard......and My city was thriving......and then there was this guy........

Okay, I'm done... :D

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
thats soo funny! i miss playing with mine. i had a ton of them too until my aunt didnt realize i wanted them back when my cousins grew out of them, and gave um away. same with my hotwheels:mad: i had some really valuable hot wheels too! i still have my lincoln logs( real wood) and my gi joe stuff :D , can never grow up, just get older!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
what was the biggest thing you guys have ever built with them?
mine was this ship i just called "skylark 1" and it was 5 1/2 feet long, complete with 5 decks, a warp core, 4 fold out warp nacelles that lock into their positions, then they could fold back in and doors would conceal them. it had a rear unloading bay, and a forward deflector cannon that is like what they have on star trek, but it can also be charged and fired as a weapon. i had to have my dad get me this 5 foot long 1 inch thick metal strip that was the "frame" of the ship and held it together. without it it would crumble in half under the pressure. this thing was heavy as hell too. it took me about 1 month to create, and it was the last thing ive built. i like to think i went out with a bang for that thing, but i took all the legos i had apart and packed them in the attic. id say i have about 10 grand in lego sets. all the exploriens, aquanauts, blacktron, space partol, all the ice planet ones, just about every space series of legos ive had until about 2 years ago. then i got smart and theres sets at toys-r-us for 20$ and they come with 700 pieces. theyre a cheap off brand but the same pieces and way cheaper. i bought about 5 sets of those for the skylark. i think im gonna have to get my legos again and buils something bigger. i love those things, im gonna give them to my sons,if i ever get laid.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont think I ever really built anything huge....I built a kick *** farmhouse once, of course the boat, travel trailer and truck (bronco wanna be) oh, and a custom trailer for the boat. The most memorable thing I built? I was about 7...took a few of those flat green pieces, just started stacking crap on top of them...made a huge "city" I'd take those little square pieces with four round "things" on top and put these little "roofs" that fit those on there....they where blue with a red roof...called them "Love Shacks" (hey, the song love shack was really big back then, and on the radio while I was building these) Ahh....memories.

Earl

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i worked in a toy/hobby store for about a year and a half before i moved out here and lego has really gone down the sh!tter.. like they dont have variety sets anymore, so unless you spend hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars but various sets, you will never have to much to be creative from now a days... -greg

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's probably becuase kids dont really have the imagination skills that they should have....too much over-stimulation...video games, computers, TV, etc. They dont think for themselves....I mean, jeez, the road trip is no longer boring, becuase they can just watch a DVD! And they're obviously missing out on the scenery....yeah I know, I sound grumpy and older than I am....I'm kinda in a P!ssy mood tonight anyway.

EArl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts