TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the exhaust done yesterday (Will post pics soon), and Boost DROPPED ALOT. I was getting about 11psi, now can get 8 @ best! My ? is what to do now to give her the "umph" back? Smaller Blower Pulley (5%), CAI, any other things I'm missing? Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Its not that you loose boost, you loose backpressure which shows up as boost on the gauge. You are making more power and safer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's safer and I know that it just reads backpressure, but it feels slower and Like I Lost ALOT of torque. Im wondering what I can do to get this back? By the way, Pics of my Grand Prix Tips on the car are now @ my Cardomain site on Pg. 3. Take a look, tell me what ya think and how to regain the torque?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/432375

·
Registered
381 Posts
Both my 94 got well over 15 lbs boost. What size pipe did you run. I used
2 1/4 down tubes with high flow cats magnaflow resonator to a flowmaster cat back.
If you went to large you will lose low end torque. Sounds like you need to seal up those intercooler tubes as well as check for leaks. It is a 94 blower right. I also put a 93 pully on my black one, about a 3-4% over the large stock one. Get a 5% they seen to work best on 94-95`s. You have checked out www.sccoa.com right?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If the exhaust system is too large in diameter for the other mods done to the car, you will lose some low-end torque. That's the trade-off for having an exhaust that is freer flowing at higher rpm. Do you really need all the torque down low? It's pretty easy to just blow away the tires anyway, a bit less torque might not be a bad thing in a Super Coupe. What other mods do you have? Auto or stick? What rear axle ratio?

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's an automatic. It's completley stock except for the exhaust. Thanks for the help!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts