TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I never thought I would have car withdrawls....driving around in the "family truckster" aka the Lumina the last couple of days is killing me. My car is on a transporter enroute to LA to get on a ship to Hawaii. Man, all i can say is this sucks!!
At least it will be waiting in Hawaii when I get there, now if I can just survive life with my wifes car till then :(

Dave

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
lol man I feel you. I can't stand not driving my car for a day. I get sick of my g/fs GT when I'm driving it and I start to miss my bird.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Hey, look at it this way, at least when you get there, it will be ready to drive. I have to go into the garage every night and look at my bird sitting in the other bay with the whole front end missing still...... I haven't "legally" driven it on the road since December 0f 04... Now THAT is teh sux0r!! :(

Jay

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
FordMan77 said:
Hey, look at it this way, at least when you get there, it will be ready to drive. I have to go into the garage every night and look at my bird sitting in the other bay with the whole front end missing still...... I haven't "legally" driven it on the road since December 0f 04... Now THAT is teh sux0r!! :(

Jay
Gotcha beat... my sport's been down since October of 04... I should have the new fenders and hood back from paint soon though and as soon as I get em back, I'm putting it all back together.

Saying I can't wait would be a serious understatement... :(

And to top it off, the replacement driver is mom's 98 VW Beetle...

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
My car was down for 2 1/2 years with the blown 4.6.

Whats funny is, the car is faster now with a stock 351W, than with the 4.6 with a 75 shot.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I'm going through withdrawals too. I blew headgaskets about 2 weeks ago. I want to do some engine work while I'm in there, but then again - I want to drive it.

Oh well. My dad's SC should be back together soon (I hope :rolleyes:) and then I can atleast have some fun in his car until mine is back together.

-Melon

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Count me in.. my cat's been on stands in the driveway with the motor in pieces in the basement for almost a year now. It's been cleaned and painted, block's been bored and honed.. just have to rebuild the heads and put her back together when I get the chance. So close, yet so far away...

I feel your pain.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts