TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need help 97 thunderbird 6/ 3.8 starts when outside temp warm wont start in the cold women in serious trouble need car running. Put heet in gas tank and filled it with gas ran car 30 miles to get heet thruogh the system. did no good still wont start when cold outside. when it does start runs good in park and nuetral has a rough idle in drive and reverse until car gets running faster than idle, then it seems ok. car is getting air checked, car is getting fuel, checked, car has spark coil ok ( sparks anyway) cant afford to get it to a computer, does anyone have any advise??????????? PLEASE HELP :confused: could it be a vacuum problem ?? if so how do you check for vacuum issues?? I really would appriceate any help I can get, thank you. what could cause it to start when wm weather outside and not in cold weather, its only going to get colder as the days continue PLEASE THROW ME AN IDEAL!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Appreciate any help you guys can give. This new member is my sister, she's having problems with my old 3.8L. Biggest problem I think is the fact that it has a LOT of miles on it.

Matt looked at it I'm told and diagnosed it as a possible fuel pump problem. Anyone have a good used stock fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Got a Fuel Pump from a member here, and it should have arrived in Wichita by now. I don't know if they got it installed or not. I haven't heard from her, so I'm assuming things are going better. (I hear from her when the car is NOT running well)

I'll give her a call tomorrow and find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts