TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Drive 8 hours in each on two lane back roads. See which one YOU like. The Birds are more comfortable and handle better stock for stock. Add wheels, tires, springs, shocks, anti-sway bars and braces and the Birds will STILL win. :D

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
tbird/cats are a better overall car than a mustang could dream of being, well until the new 05 that just came out.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Fordraceing said:
like the topic says just wondering if everyone here like the t-bird best or they just have one. or do you like mustangs better.

thanks,
joe
:rofl: :rofl: And you're asking this question on a Thunderbird and Cougar Club of America why?!?! :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously thought, I have always been a fan of Mustangs. But it depends on what you want to do with the car. If you want all out performance, then the Mustang wins hands down. If you want an "overall" car (performance, size, streetability, etc.), the MN12/FN10 wins hands down. (IMHO) :D

Apples to oranges, apples to oranges. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I love both, however, read my sig. I got a '95 3 yrs ago, then picked up a '96 2 months ago for obvious reasons!!!! I'm only selling the '95 because I need to pay off my one credit card and use the extra money to mod out my '96. 2 of my best friends have mustangs, but they compliment my birds all the time!

so t-bird all the way!!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Mustangs are a dime a dozen - thats is why I prefer MN12's.
I especially like Mustangs for their value (300hp for 25k) ;)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Man you have to go with the t'bird. Mustangs are good performing cars for the money, but the t'bird is like a legend. Its a great car for many reasons and as far as i am concerned there is nothing else out there that I would want to own other than my bird. :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've owned Mustangs of every body style from 70 to 91. I liked them all. I've also owned Cougars and T-birds from 72 to 97. The MN-12 is definitely a nicer car. A co-worker has a 2001 GT and will even agree that the T-bird is a much more comfortable car. It runs great with the 4.6, and handles wonderfully with the Sport package. And if you are driving more than 10 miles it is no contest. The T-bird feels great, the Mustang will beat you to death. Though I wouldn't turn down a Mach I or a new GT if one showed up in my driveway! :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Other than the whole comfort, legend, nicer looking thing... In the fine arts parking lot at my college there are like 12 stangs and 2 MN12's. I am a very unique person who likes to be different and my Bird allows me to have a powerful, sexy car without being like everyone else. The only stang I would want would be a GT, Mach1, or Cobra. And it would serve as my daily driver to save my SC from racking up the miles. :)

Damien

PS. 12 hours until I get my new 1992 SC 5-Speed!!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yep! T'bird's have it hands down. This is my second '94 T'bird. My last mustang was a 2000 in Performance Red. It was a beaut.. But I'll tell ya, it didn't get the comments like I get on my T'bird! The T'birds have a pressance where the muskrats don't. As for the new mustang, if someone offered me an even up trade, I'd pass!!!! Thank you very much! :D

·
Registered
156 Posts

I don't hate or even dislike Mustangs, just those of the Mustang drivers who are complete tools. I also don't like that the Mustang is Ford's favorite child and that they refuse to let any other car in the family come close to being its competition performance wise.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree. The T-birds have it hands (or is that wheels down). My 86, when the turbo 2.3 was in the car, ran like a raped ape. Unfortunatly the motormounts didn't like hanging around after i changed the suspension to a 90' lincoln rear and aftermarket lower front arms and 94' stang spindles. Broke both mounts with an engine that had 237k. Wife took keys and wouldn't lwt me drive it no more. That is until i finish the rest of the modifications. I had a 86 stang GT, rode very stiff and seemd to small, then i got 85 vert and it was weird driving. It twisted to much even with subframeconnectors, they were installed by the previous owner and was a bolt in type?? Anyway I've had my Bird now for 9 years and will never give it up even for an 05' stang

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Always liked Mustangs growing up, the '70 in the garage had my attention when I was still in the playpen in the garage. I hadn't really paid much attention to T-Birds until dad bought our first one back in 95. After that I was hooked. The Mustang has the weight advantage and a ton more parts available, but the MN12 is an overall better car. More comfy, more roomy, easier to insure, better driving on the highway, but still uses the same V8 the Mustang had.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Why?

Most of my life I've galloped around in Mustangs. I ate, slept and drank Mustangs. From a blown, 428CJ to 351 Clevelands, 502's, etc. Then my sister gave me her Thunderbird 4.6. One drive and lots of compliments later and I was hooked. No more knees against the dash (I'm 6'-5"). No more hassling that damned short wheelbase. Just recline the seat slightly, tilt the wheel, set the cruise and motor on down the road gladly accepting the admiring glances. Ya, Man!

Classy enough for the museum and sassy enough to run with the ponies!

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
This is a good question. It seems many of us end up getting rid of the Thunderbird for a Mustang...I think I've counted like 5 traitors already since December? I dunno. I'll keep my Thunderbird. Nothing against Mustangs but everyone does have them...whether it be a 6 or a 8. Within one trip to work (approx. 10 miles) I can count like 15 one way. I think they almost have the cavaliers beat. I could have gotten a Mustang.....it was an early 90's model, but when I saw the Thunderbird, I saw the beginning of a new friendship. :D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
well, i am a size 3XL, and the stang is a size L, at best, I guess I would try a Miata If I thought I could fit, but the bird is like a pair of loose shorts, ya gotta love it... :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Leland Jacobson said:
well, i am a size 3XL, and the stang is a size L, at best, I guess I would try a Miata If I thought I could fit, but the bird is like a pair of loose shorts, ya gotta love it... :D

gotta agree 100% with ya man, small cars, big guys...not very fun.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts