TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just wondering what hoses I need to replace the two that have random hoses on them. The Red Hose, and the two black hoses in the first picture, and the one that goes into the valve cover on the second. These do not appear to be stock hoses and I'd like to make everything proper!

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
The red hose in your pic it for your PVC not sure about the one from the valve cover on the drivers side. The pic below should give you a good idea :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, I finally got out of a massive debt load so I am trying to work on my car that's been neglected for far too long.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One is your PVC tube and the other is a vaccum line. Ford sells the PVC line complete with the valve for like $20.00 and the other is like $10.00 I would not just put a rubber hose on there since the parts are real cheap.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I wouldn't use plain rubber hose, but fuel injection line is way too expensive for what you need. fuel injection line is about 50psi and 11 bucks a foot. like the maestro here said, measure the diameters and get fuel/emmissions hose from autozone or kragen. they're plenty good enough to route air (what the hoses are actually used for) AND every mechanic in the country will pass them on a visual smog check. the best part is, most parts places won't even charge you for emmissions hose if it's under a foot which all the hoses you need are.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Its PCV not PVC get it right. Positive, Crankcase, Ventilation! Anyway like they said any fuel hose or emissions hose will do fine.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't use plain rubber hose, but fuel injection line is way too expensive for what you need. fuel injection line is about 50psi and 11 bucks a foot. like the maestro here said, measure the diameters and get fuel/emmissions hose from autozone or kragen. they're plenty good enough to route air (what the hoses are actually used for) AND every mechanic in the country will pass them on a visual smog check. the best part is, most parts places won't even charge you for emmissions hose if it's under a foot which all the hoses you need are.
Getting them From Autozone would be a very expensive option!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
if those current hoses arent leaking why not spend some coin else where and replace the intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I wouldn't use plain rubber hose, but fuel injection line is way too expensive for what you need. fuel injection line is about 50psi and 11 bucks a foot. like the maestro here said, measure the diameters and get fuel/emmissions hose from autozone or kragen.
i may have gotten the name wrong, but its definitely not $11/ft the one that I was trying to get at...it could very well be called fuel/emissions hose like you said......all one has to do is snoop around long enough in an autoparts store, and you're bound to find lots of stuff that is adequate.....i found them when I was looking for something to use in place of "vacuum hose" that is wayy too soft and expands and deteriorates with engine heat....the fuel hose that I'm talkin about looks like miniature heater hose; it has braiding in it just like heater hoses

·
Registered
917 Posts
autozone charges about a buck a foot for emmissions hose. yes it would be expensive if you were getting fuel injection hose. injection hose and emmissions hose are way different. by about 40psi. anyways, like i said, most parts places won't charge you unless you actually get a foot. it's priced by the foot. and for each hose you only need a few inches max. that long plastic one accross the middle, don't even worry about it. unless it has holes in it it's fine. so no, autozone is not expensive. it's probably your cheapest option unless you know someone with rolls of fuel line in their garage.

(worked at autozone from 9-07 to 11-08)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
autozone charges about a buck a foot for emmissions hose. yes it would be expensive if you were getting fuel injection hose. injection hose and emmissions hose are way different. by about 40psi. anyways, like i said, most parts places won't charge you unless you actually get a foot. it's priced by the foot. and for each hose you only need a few inches max. that long plastic one accross the middle, don't even worry about it. unless it has holes in it it's fine. so no, autozone is not expensive. it's probably your cheapest option unless you know someone with rolls of fuel line in their garage.

(worked at autozone from 9-07 to 11-08)
Well, it still would be but I forgot to mention its cause an Autozone is at least two hours from me ;) They don't have them in Canada!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Well, it still would be but I forgot to mention its cause an Autozone is at least two hours from me ;) They don't have them in Canada!
OH, haha. well therein lies your problem. canadia should definately have autozones. it's too bad they don't.

i may have gotten the name wrong, but its definitely not $11/ft the one that I was trying to get at...it could very well be called fuel/emissions hose like you said......all one has to do is snoop around long enough in an autoparts store, and you're bound to find lots of stuff that is adequate.....i found them when I was looking for something to use in place of "vacuum hose" that is wayy too soft and expands and deteriorates with engine heat....the fuel hose that I'm talkin about looks like miniature heater hose; it has braiding in it just like heater hoses
and yes, the fuel line emissions hose is what i was talking about. the fuel injection stuff has that blue neoprene inside it and is rated for about 50psi.

·
Registered
917 Posts
vacuum tube isn't strong enough. it will expand or collapse with just slightly too much or too little pressure. emissions hose is braided so it's strong, but it's not rated for really high pressures so it's cheap. plus the larger the vacuum hose is, the weaker it is. so after a while on the intake it'll completely collapse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts