TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got in the car last night and started driving and it wont shift into 3rd if i have it in drive after it gets to about 3 grand where it should shift it starts slippin and if i have it in 2nd it drives fine the car only has 79000 miles on it and the tranny fluid smells fresh

·
Registered
183 Posts
from what i've learned, either you need to replace the MLPS, which is simple; replace the 2-3 accumulator, which isn't too difficult; or you have a burned up clutch, which is very, very bad. i'm sure that someone will come along with something more specific fairly quickly.

look <a href="http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html">here</a>, under 'transmissions 101', then 'common problems'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to Hijack the thread. But it sounds like the same thing on my tranny. What is the MLPS and where is its location. Also the 2-3 accumulator. Id rather spend a couple extra bucks right now then grabbing a tranny from the wrecker and swapping it out.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
The MPLS is located on the drivers side of the trans. where your linkage attaches to. It is black and has a wire harness attached to it. Can't miss it. If you need a pic, let me know as I have a trans. sitting on my garage floor w/ the MPLS on it.

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts