TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am having an issue that baffles me. My bird has power. but will not turn over. It does not even click. I turn the key and the radio, blower and everything turns on. It is not a battery as I hook my pick up to it and tried to jump start it. I checked the fuses and they are all good.

So I am confused as to where to even go from here. Could it be a relay? Is there a main fuse that I missed in checking?

I have no idea where to go from here so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Kevin

·
Super Moderator
9,253 Posts
Does the radio/clock etc. go dark when you turn the key to start?

Check the connections at/to the starter for starters (no pun intended).

·
The Parts Guy
7,306 Posts
Verify that the trigger/signal wire (the little wire) at the starter is providing 12V when the key is turned to the "START" position.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If you have a voltage gauge built into your instrument cluster then the volts should go all the way down when you turn the key. That would show that the volts are getting to the starter but the starter won't turn. If smacking the starter while someone turns the key doesn't work then the only option is to replace the starter right away.

If the voltage doesn't drop then it may just mean that your ignition switch needs work.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Both battery and starter can be tested for free so at least do so before throwing those kinda parts at it

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
check both wires at the starter. The Main 12v lead the lead that comes from the ignition. The ignition lead will only light up when you move the key to the run position. If you are not getting 12 on the ignition lead then you can back track.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all of the responses. The volt meter does in fact go all the way down when the key is turned to the start position. I am currently looking into it as I type so I will go through and check the starter and work my way back. Thank you

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Im gonna call grounds on this one. I had the same problem and tested the battery starter and alternator. All were perfect. It was my battery to motor mount ground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts