TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as many of you already know, I totaled my Jeep Cherokee 3 weeks ago. After settling up with the insurance company, I went shopping....

I looked at a lot of vehicles around here and on the net. I finally found the right thing at the right price on eBay. So after working on the price and arranging the financing and purchase, I finally flew down to Dallas this past Sunday to drive her home. So without further adieu, please welcome the newest member of my family.....

<div align=center>
1999 F-250 SuperDuty SuperCab 4x4
7.3L PowerStroke Turbo Diesel - 6 Speed Transmission

For more pics, click here:

www.myf250.com
</div>

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Least you went the right direction and got a Ford!

I'm jealous

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Congrats

I thought you got the 'bird boosted w/ exhaust driven induction......:leftright

Congrats on the truck...she's a beaut. Good for towin cars....race/show cars...like Tbirds....:D

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
plan on towing a home maybe 4 or 5 cars?....

That is a monster quite differant then the jeep. What made you go with the truck over another jeep? Was it the power addiction? ;)

If your in the same situation as what killed the jeep I would feel bad for the other person you face in this truck its just a monster.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
That is gonna be a nice combo if you ever use it to tow the bird. A nice white truck towing a nice white bird.
Truck looks awesome!

-Shawn

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Thunderterd said:
What made you go with the truck over another jeep?
He sent me the reason yesterday.. Trust me.. you don't wanna know.

Ford, when you really need to haul ***.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Nice SW

Now get that restrictive down pipe off there and replace it with the aftermarket one, 5" exhaust, a tune by "The Man" and your off on low 16 high 15 second passes.(LOL)
Save the nitrous for the intercooler.:uppoint:

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
bout time you got a ford truck, gonna look good towing, you'll be the white fleet.... not to mention you can pull a house down with that thing.... 6spd? can you say granny gear?

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Sweet

Glad to see you back at it SW.
And nice truck.
I've been hanging out at f150online.com lately. I'm getting the bug to get one of these .
I doubt it'll happen, but one can dream can't they????
:D :D

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I personally don't see a point in a truck with a short bed :zdunno:

Does look good, but that is the longest shifter I've ever seen, you could scratch your @ss halfway through the 3-4 shift!

AnthraxBird said:
I thought it was your bird...
MINES gonna be the first to be turbo... Twin turbo at that!!!
You serious? PM me if you are....

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Nice, very nice. I bet that hauls. Good to hear you're back and doin' good.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Palmguy said:

Style my friend...style :cool:
Now I'm even more carnfused...you want style, buy an mn12. If your buying a truck, it should be for hauling everything and anything. Guess I'm too stuck in the past to understand some of today's "style".

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Yeah!!

Unfortunately you are lost!!! Not everyone wants or needs a fullsize bed but do need more passenger space. Besides, its his truck!!

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought the PowerStroke for its towing capacity. I bought the SuperCab so the kids can ride with. I bought the 4x4 because we have just enough bad weather around here to need it. I bought the shortbed (and also NOT the CrewCab) so that the thing would be reasonable to park. I very rarely haul anything that I need an 8' bed for.

And yes, it will be VERY nice when I have to take my car, the canopy, table & chairs, coolers, goodies, etc. to the shows I go to. Like was said above the white truck towing the white car will just look GOOOOOD together.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts