TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Thursday my car is going in the shop for a custom true dual setup, cat delete and flowmaster exhaust. I can't believe how crappy the stock setup is. 1 3/4" piping going into the resonator, 90 degree bends... OMG! That's all going to hell though, it's going to be 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" true dual from front to back. I think I won't sleep for a week!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't realize how crappy the stock setup is... wow I guess it's the same setup for the V6 and V8 just that they added another stupid bend at the end for another muffler...

·
Registered
268 Posts
yeah i cant stand my stock exhaust and ive only had the car for two weeks =) haha but anyways how much around does it cost for a true dual set up?? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
it cost me $450 but i did it a little different, i took the resonator out and put a dual in and dual out flowmaster muffler there and then i dual piped out and have two three inch stainless steal tips in the back, its great to have a true dual exhaust rather than the fake stoke one, it sounds so awesome and when i finally get my cats removed it will sound even better

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
must be nice... he had the muffler you speak of, I almost went that way but I changed my mind because I wanted a traditional dual exhaust with 2 mufflers and an H-pipe sort of like my old fox body was and the sound was :drool: especially with a lumpy idle :D

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Steve Cougar 25th said:
Next Thursday my car is going in the shop for a custom true dual setup, cat delete and flowmaster exhaust. I can't believe how crappy the stock setup is. 1 3/4" piping going into the resonator, 90 degree bends... OMG! That's all going to hell though, it's going to be 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" true dual from front to back. I think I won't sleep for a week!
How much is that going to run ya?

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
I'm waiting for a little extra cash after my transmission to get the front cats removed and put in hi flow's and have them finish the job. Right now Its 2.25 inch true duals from the stock front cats to borla's Sounds decent but still not loud enough. Wish I could go catless but I'll just do 2.5inch hi flows and 2.25 inch pipes. Maybe that will compensate for it :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
I just got my True-Dual Exhaust done for under $240 I provided my muffler which is a dual in dual out Magnaflow unit ($100.00) which i ordered form Jeg's and the exhuast shop midmounted it in place of the third cat and ran thick walled dual 2.5" pipes all the way back to 3.5" chrome truck tips. Anyways this muffler sounds really quiet at first but after only about 100 miles on the setup its becoming louder and louder. I had removed the mufflers on my Dynomax kit and it sounded like crap, so I am getting comments everywhere i go. I would recommend this setup to anyone looking for a long lasting, great sounding, and affordable setup.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
On my SC, the 90 degree bends are more a function of the stock manifolds than anything else. The shop I took it too was able to smooth it out a bit, but it's still going to be damn close to 90 degrees. Just a heads up, don't be terribly surprised if they can't knock those 90's down too much.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
On my mustang I have true duals....it's a v6....no cats with mustang GT stock mufflers & tips, although I think I'm gonna get rid of the mufflers :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I should get the car this afternoon, I can't wait. I hate having other people working on the car though. I go thru this paranoid thing like as if the car feels different even if the mechanic didn't test drive the car lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts