TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as everyone knows im leaving for a 1yr tour in korea in February, and last time i talked to everyone i still didn't know where i was going to be stationed after wards. well i just found out today that im coming back to NC!!! i'll be up at seymour johnson in goldsboro. so, can anyone fill me in on how it is up there; housing, good areas, etc.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
ACC fo life!

soo, uhh, wanna keep the tbird down here while you're gone? :D

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Godspeed Soldier!

Ron Rigby
US Army 1992 - 1997

In case you're not familiar with the term: Godspeed, as a word, is a wish for a prosperous journey, success, and good fortune. For example, it was said by Scott Carpenter to John Glenn before Glenn's first trip to space in Friendship 7.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Goldsboro isnt bad. My sister is accually at johnson. I cant tell you much for housing but the area my sister lives in is a good area. I can get more info if you'd like. Just give me a hollar. Have fun in Korea. Dont do nothing I woulnt do 3 times!!!!!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've taken a couple of trips up there to scout out the area and have found some nice houses, but i would like to find out some info about the schools.

and no being a bad boy over there for me, i plan on making and keeping my next stripe.:D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well I cant help you in the schools department. Plus I dont blame you for wanting to keep your stripe. And just for the record are you in the army or airforce if im not being too nosey? My sis is in the airforce. Been thinking about joining. I still need to loose weight and stop smoking so I can accualy run. Plus right now with the war and everything im not sure if im going to. (Hopefully this dosent create a flaming thread. Ill take my chances.)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im in the A/F, and depending on your job you wont be "in the s***" like the army is. its a pretty decent living (imo the best branch to join), and you wont work anywhere else that you can hang it up after 20yrs. now im starting to sound like a recruiter. lol

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
this coming from the man who couldn't wait to get off parole :D

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
hopefully i won't eat my words..

·
Registered
811 Posts
Damn man, looks like all of the Military NC TCCoA-ers are getting overseas....

Good luck man, is this a solo tour?

Come on, it's going to be “Chair” Force housing........it don't get any better. Although I am in Ramstein and staying in condemned apartments.......so you might be right, but then again they know we are Marines…..

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah its a solo tour but its only a year long and i can take a mid-tour so i can deal with it. im coming right back to nc after and buying a house so im really looking forward to this. hopefully once i get all settled in we can have a get together at my new place.

oh and the dorms (or barracks for the other services) dont look to be all that bad. since im and nco i'll have my own room and will only have to share the kitchen and ****te* with one other guy.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
im going overseas....just not anywhere cool :(

·
Banned
538 Posts
Well Im glad your gonna come back, dont have too much fun "unsupervised" over there.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im going overseas....just not anywhere cool
oh come on, it will be great. plenty of sun, lots of sand, tons of people that want to kill you. good times!!!

as for me, im playing good over there. i have a stripe i plan on making and keeping.

·
Pimp in denial
998 Posts
you won't test until you're over there right?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Ollies, I don't want to see you in my neck of the woods if you know what I mean....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts