TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to be somewhat short about this, I work(ed) at best buy, its my 2nd job and I have worked about 70 hours in the past 3 weeks since I started. Today is pay day and I noticed there is no pending transactions on my account. I go in and talk to my manager and he says its because I never submitted my hours for those 3 weeks, even though no one EVER taught me how to do that. So I just walked and today and im not going back to work there anymore, but I need my money. Is this a situation where im just screwed over or is there some sort of action I can take? I apologize for my ignorance but I am still semi-young and im not sure what to do.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
So to be somewhat short about this, I work(ed) at best buy, its my 2nd job and I have worked about 70 hours in the past 3 weeks since I started. Today is pay day and I noticed there is no pending transactions on my account. I go in and talk to my manager and he says its because I never submitted my hours for those 3 weeks, even though no one EVER taught me how to do that. So I just walked and today and im not going back to work there anymore, but I need my money. Is this a situation where im just screwed over or is there some sort of action I can take? I apologize for my ignorance but I am still semi-young and im not sure what to do.
Ahahaha welcome to Best Buy! I worked in Computers and Tablets, and Asset Protection for a year or so, they are usually pretty good about training through eLearnings and such, you need to speak to your back office lead, or call HR (human resources) they will get everything fixed up.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Talk to your manager, talk to his boss, or call corporate office. No reason to walk out on a job over a payroll problem, they can be resolved and if your boss wont help, find somebody who works there that can help before you do anything else.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I can't imagine that walking off the job will help you with getting this situation resolved.
There is still a record of you being scheduled for those hours and there should be a way to "prove" that you were there.

They still owe you the money for the work previously done but leaving the mgr short staffed during the holiday season isn't exactly going to get them to want to help you resolve the payroll situation.

-g

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Having worked retail before (for 7 years), talk to boss, HR, District, Region, Corporate. At the very least the Store Manager should be allowed/able to pay you in cash and deduct from incoming payroll.

·
Baby Huey
3,210 Posts
Having worked retail before (for 7 years), talk to boss, HR, District, Region, Corporate. At the very least the Store Manager should be allowed/able to pay you in cash and deduct from incoming payroll.
:zwthstpd:

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I can't imagine that walking off the job will help you with getting this situation resolved.
There is still a record of you being scheduled for those hours and there should be a way to "prove" that you were there.

They still owe you the money for the work previously done but leaving the mgr short staffed during the holiday season isn't exactly going to get them to want to help you resolve the payroll situation.

-g
:zwthstpd:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts