TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been trying to get the corners apart to match the lights, but they are a complete pitfa to get apart without destroying them. the lens plastic is thin and breaks easily. i have gone through two sets of corners without much luck. im not going to give up, miki. now i know what not to do.

he was torn between whether or not to have the ribbed part of the lens painted black, so i did one with and one without. im not going to send him the ds shown below. its an aftermarket light, and its the second one i have cleaned and it still looked yellow. the reason i used it is cuz the lens easily came off of this one. dont worry miki, i have a spare stock ds light to replace this one. that crap on the ps lens is melted tape, and its now removed.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
i like the DS better. IMO the black on the PS would stand out with the chevy orange.

:zwall:

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im pretty sure someone makes clear parking light bulbs that light up orange.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
i was referring to the black outline on the pass side, vs the non painted driver side. imo the black outline wouldnt look right with the color of miki's car.

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, duh. his bird is orange, huh?

·
Registered
3,810 Posts

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
thanks a lot mike! looks good i have no clue which i like better

I do like the outline but unsure how it will look http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3088319
needs the corners to complete the look;)

let me know...thanks:)

·
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
needs the corners to complete the look;)
agreed. im wanting to paint the ribbed part on the corners to match, but getting to that area is the tough part. like i said, im not done yet. luckily, i can get a set of corners cheap from a junkyard. ill have to experiment with warming them up in the oven to see if i can get that glue to soften up some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts