·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I'm currently cooking up.... ;)

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Maybe it's the paranoid side of me, but I'd like to see it wrap one more bolt over around the top, and have one more gusset on the side. Otherwise I like it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Opps.. Thanks.

It's a prototype combined rear cover brace and mount. I lathed up the bushing and made up a jig to locate the upper mount to the subframe. More pics to follow.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I guess there is no jack point with that in place of the stock rear diff mount. I like it but Id really like to see a usable jack point too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No need if you have one of these... :)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
That was the only thing I ever really found the rtlb useful for, it is the one braces that I can't tell a difference in driving if it is there or not.
Alan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I use it as a jack point. I trust my welding and the attaching hardware.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Maybe it's the paranoid side of me, but I'd like to see it wrap one more bolt over around the top, and have one more gusset on the side. Otherwise I like it.
I say make it bolt up over on the drivers side too since you're all up on this. Go big or go home. lol Might be overkill, but sometimes too much is just right.

It was going to be my next step when I was making these....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
What will be required to install this type of brace? Bolt on or weld extra peices?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bolt on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the bushing made... Pressed. Built a jig to locate the upper frame mount..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished the upper mount.... Just need to pick up the correct hardware and put it in... Weather permitting....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I like it and want to see it bolted up. The only thing Im concerned about is the attaching hardware to the pumpkin. I think larger headed bolts or ones with integrated washers would be better. Great work. Im very interested to see the outcome. Is this going to be something you will offer for sale if it works out?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I was just working up an order at Mcmaster for Grade 8 flanged bolts and flanged distorted nuts. I wasn't sure what I was going to use, and I happened to have those at home...

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
What kinda price range? Any chance u will make one with out the brace as I have and atomic diff cover so I need the brace but I really like the looks of it

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm figuring around $350 for the combined brace/mount. I can whip up just the mount. But I would need a measurement of the space between the cover at the mount (right side) to the inside of your current brace.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts