TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go to their website, seems the block itself can actually handle a 4.25" crank...
Unless you want the specific cubic inches or are going to the absolute limit, what's the point of going to a 351 over a 302 anymore? I mean, the 302 is lighter, you can attain what apparantly will be well over 400ci with a 302 block now...

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
strength would be the only reason i can see, u start stretching a block that far and you losing a lot of the material that is actually holding the block together

·
Registered
161 Posts
From the World Products web site:
In fact, a 4.250” stroke will actually swing in the crankcase, however piston compression height precludes such extremes.
A crank that size would technically fit but you couldn't get your rods and pistons in there at the same time.

They say that you can put a 3.47" crank in the block. So you're still limited to about 349 cubic inches, with the stock bore. Unless the build the block with bore of 4.125" then you can get about 370 cubic inches. Still not bad. But I'll take the 351 and bump it up to 427, myself. :D

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Lemoncougar97 said:
Go to their website, seems the block itself can actually handle a 4.25" crank...
Unless you want the specific cubic inches or are going to the absolute limit, what's the point of going to a 351 over a 302 anymore? I mean, the 302 is lighter...

And so will be your wallet, have you priced one of those blocks????

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Lemoncougar97 said:
Unless you want the specific cubic inches or are going to the absolute limit, what's the point of going to a 351 over a 302 anymore? I mean, the 302 is lighter, you can attain what apparantly will be well over 400ci with a 302 block now...
Nice...had that been avalible a few years back I would have used it instead of the Dart block. I expecially like the extra head bolt.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts