TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like alot of work to swap a trans. i was thinking of swapping to a 96 or newer trans but now im not so sure. i have found several trans that will work in local jys. my trans isnt shot yet, but its only a matter of time. noticed today the trans sliped when i got on the highway so when i got to work i checked the fluid level and it was fine. not sure whats wrong but im sure its not good. (on a side not, its kinda funny.....i have a gps unit in my cougar since my odometer doesnt work. well today when i left for work, i looked at it and it said that i went a topspeed of 137mph durring my last trip. now the gauge only reads to 120. so wouldnt the gauge break or something going 137?. what makes this funny is that ive never did over 80)

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
IMO if you own a 96 or newer it's worth a rebuild - Older than that I'd buy at least a 98-99 Tranny core if car is a keeper - & ONLY MK's can roll at 130+MPH... ~!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
yeah, you deff want to get that 94 out and gone, if you want to repin the connector, or mess with wiring harness's but have an excelent trans, go with a 98+ like buck says, otherwise i went with a 97, pops right in, and is a much better trans than the old 94-95s

96 is sort of a toss-up, later months it might have the updated accums and stuff, but your never know i hear...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts