TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.......im wondering what an insurance company would give me for a 94 lx v8.....it had 144k on it.....and last nigth.....i was goin along at 60mph.......i guess it hit some water......it went all over the place.......spun a few times.....slid a lot....then plowed a median at 50 or so mph.......car still runs.....radiotor is done........steering is like gone....i still have to go see it but i have a spare 96 front end that i could match up paint wise.....and im wondering if anyone has wrecked there 94 birds and what kinda value an inurance company will put on them

·
8,239 Posts
i would say its worth about 1500-1900 and thats what they wil give you. Pickup a NADA guide, and they usually give you the low end of it.

JH

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
basically i went back and saw the damage and its not as sever as i tohught......barely even messed with the structure of the car.....the unibody is probably still fine....im going to put a 96 font end on....and im going to have a ford dealer repaint it to get the pearl color........b/c its not just plain white...the cars fine i am very suprised.....bad tires are bad.....i was geting a new set very soon.....and.....yeah thats what cuase the crash

·
8,239 Posts
Just my opinion here, but unless you really love the car, with 144k miles on it I might just take the money and run.

You could buy a used tbird for dirt cheap right now, and you could get a newer one with lower miles.

If you fix it you will still have a car with 144k miles.

JH

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
144k and no problems......the car was perfect....and its a rare color and interior combo....id like to keep it.....i may also shoot for having it sit for a bit and driivng an sc...or a pontiac bonneville s/c or somthing...im lookin around...ill find out whats goin on.....tomorow....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts