TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the car just rolled over to 107k on the way home from work last night. And its right after midnight, no cops, no other drivers, so I decided what the heck and Stop and get dinner and then do some burnouts in an enpty parking lot. Well I noticed the car started pinging at WOT. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the problems could be a dirty Fuel Filter, Check plugs(white color means lean), Check MAF/clean it(my maf is fine, if I unplug it, the car wont idle, plugit back in car runs fine) Possibly a clogged Injector?

I'll pick up a fuel filter and some new plugs(22c Motorcraft)and some seafoam/injector cleaner, tomorrow, and also try running 89/93. This started right after I pulled the sct chip...(pulled it to test in a friends car, havent put it back in mine yet)

So other than what I mentioned, is there anything else I should check on?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds like your car hasnt met its adaptive fuel limit yet. In another words reset the computer and all this should be in the past.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MN1293-232 said:
Sounds like your car hasnt met its adaptive fuel limit yet. In another words reset the computer and all this should be in the past.

Ive done this, then drove the car, still did it, and reset it again. I'll try again tomorrow since I have to go to work. Thanks for the idea though man.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
how long was your burnout? If you're reving the motor high and not moving it will increase the temps of the motor (radiator not cooling). Pinging is caused by pre-detonation, not lack of fuel. Usually associated with too much timing advance, not enough octane, or hot engine.
-Thomas

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Id replace the plugs.

If you post pics we will help you read them. (Although thats not always and exact science)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the plugs,wires, reinstalled the SCT chip, and changed the fuel filter. No more pinging. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts