TCCoA Forums banner

Would I be a Ricer if I bouht an RX-8???

• Yup, a total RICER you will become!!!!

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Nope, I'm just jealous I don't have one

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • No, yo wouldn't...as long as the T-bird stays in the garage!

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would I be considered a ricer if I bought a Mazda RX-8 as a weekend driver? I Don't want the forum to frown on me...and lets keep in mind, I WILL NOT RICE IT OUT!!!! I will leave it 100% stock minus maybe window tinting :D

S & H

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Nah, Just dont tell anyone here that you have it and they will never know, lol.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Just because it's a Japanese car, doesn't make it a ricer, putting a stupid wing and a lot of stickers and a fart cannon makes it a ricer. There are plenty of nice fast foreign cars that aren't ricers. WRX, Supra, etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
an RX8.. id love one of those, and im sure if i had one, id mod the bejezus out of it.

there is nothing wrong with import cars as long as the owner is NOT an idiot. ricer is more a mentality than anything else, and that mentality just plays itself out through the cars the people own. the owner of a honda civic that runs 11s is not a ricer, but the owner of a civic who has an outrageous body kit, huge wing, stickers, and runs 17s is a ricer.. see what im saying? i may nto like the honda civics, but if someone can get 11s out of it, they have my respect. sure the cars are not meant to do that, but some people like a real challenge (like everyone here, picking a 2-ton lux-o-barge to build up for racing, its more of a challenge than a mustang to get into the 12s, 11s or lower.)

i say if you want the rx8, get it and make it fast mothaf&$#er. -greg

·
Registered
686 Posts
LX-Tasy said:
Nah, Just dont tell anyone here that you have it and they will never know, lol.
Thanks,
Chris
yea, what we dont know cant hurt you :D

Actually those are nice cars...id take one.

Greg

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
my thoughts on this:

who cares. If you like the RX8, get it and screw what everyone else thinks. If someone starts calling you a ricer, tell em to go (insert preffered inappropriate verb here) themselves. Though everyone seems to approve of it.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
I'd consider trading in the mark for an RX8 if that tells you anything :) Just not right now ...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bud, don't make decisions based on what other people are going to say. You won't lose any respect from me if you buy one. Well... except maybe my disdain at the general idea of buying a foreign car, even if it is ultimately owned by Ford. :)

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Warped said:
Bud, don't make decisions based on what other people are going to say. You won't lose any respect from me if you buy one. Well... except maybe my disdain at the general idea of buying a foreign car, even if it is ultimately owned by Ford. :)
Well, if I do buy it, a big part of it is that Ford DOES own...well, a %, and like I said, it will be a weekend car...But where I live, it will be a summer car :) As far as what ppl think???...., I don't make decisions based on that, I just repect quite a few people on the forum, and hope for the same respect in return...I understand the "RICER" mantality, and as far as I am concerned...an RX-8, CAN'T be a ricer based on its "Stock" performance numbers...N-E-way, was just checking what the Majority of the TCCOA members would think :) Thanx for your opinions!!!!!!!!!!

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
I agree with everyone else, if you like it, go for it. I actually kinda like the RX8 myself. Actually....I'd have to say my favorite current import would have to be the new Evolution 8's...although the factory altezza's would have to go. My friend's got one and man.....that thing is sweet.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
JeffTBird93 said:
I agree with everyone else, if you like it, go for it. I actually kinda like the RX8 myself. Actually....I'd have to say my favorite current import would have to be the new Evolution 8's...although the factory altezza's would have to go. My friend's got one and man.....that thing is sweet.

Speeking of Evo's, I saw one get /waxxed/ last night by a Dodge SRT-4. Not one.. but two. And two WRX's and an STi...

Anyway.. if I was gunna buy an import, it'd be a 93 240sx Hatch, that baby would get an S-15 front end with a Kouki tail so fast it'd make your head spin. Not to mention the RB 25 that'd end up wedged under the hood.... :ztoohot:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Get the RX8 and mod it!

I think domestic rice is the most pathetic, more so than import "rice." Import rice around here usually consists of a body-kit, wing, rims, and fart can. The usual donor cars are Honda Civics, Preludes, WRXs, and the occasional Lexus IS300 or something. Domestic rice around here, on the other hand, includes 1989 Grand Ams, Cavaliers, Sunfires, Neons, and the like with chrome 14 inch wheel covers, neons, double-stack wings, "racing stripes," and an unpainted body-kit.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Ponder this (sure you have), but what else would you like besides that car?
I don't consider it rice just cuz it is Mazda, or atleast has the Mazda name on it ;)

Let us not forgot all the riced out Stangs which puts American cars/Ford to shame.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Aaron_T said:
I don't consider it rice just cuz it is Mazda, or atleast has the Mazda name on it ;)

Let us not forgot all the riced out Stangs which puts American cars/Ford to shame.
:zwthstpd:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts