TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the first place to start would be with a 02 explorer swap, but what else would it take to be able to go faster then the new mustangs? again talking the gt not the shelby
 

·
motor city poster
Joined
·
2,029 Posts
i guess the real question would be...how much work would it take to make ur car run 13.50's

the motor would be a good start
im guessing also...gears
converter, and then a tune?
 

·
Baby Huey
Joined
·
3,210 Posts
Blower
 

·
Baby Huey
Joined
·
3,210 Posts
Nitrous
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,165 Posts
PI swap, 3.73's, a J-mod, A Marauder TC, True dual exhaust, a GOOD tune, plus minor bolt ons such as underdrives, TB/Plenum, 02 GT MAF, etc. (all thoes little things can add up)

Plus tires that will hold on the launch

That'd be a good start anyway.
 

·
motor city poster
Joined
·
2,029 Posts
for all that money, u could probably go lease one for 4 years..hahahaha sorry. or it would be a damn good down payment
 

·
PostSlut
Joined
·
13,597 Posts
buying my nitrous kit would be a good start...

:tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,663 Posts
I thought the new stangs ran 14.5's on street tires??

Jay
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,617 Posts
Generally in stock form I have seen the new stangs in the 14.0-14.5 range. A good converter, gears, tune and that 02 exploder motor should get you there.
Alan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,663 Posts
That's for the manual trans. Not sure what kind of #'s the autos are posting but I would imagine if they are anything like the stock 4R's in our cars, then they are slower, hence the 15's. Traction would probably come into play as well at some point.

Jay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
No offense but when are these type of questions going to stop. This "how do i beat a mustang" idea has been discussed a thosand times. The answer is still the same alot of money. Not looking for a fight but this is not worthy of a new thread every other day.

Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
Someone stuck a 3v in a 95 bird on MOD depot. I cant get him to respond to the thread though...

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mechman1984 said:
No offense but when are these type of questions going to stop. This "how do i beat a mustang" idea has been discussed a thosand times. The answer is still the same alot of money. Not looking for a fight but this is not worthy of a new thread every other day.

Will

reason i asked is cause i drove our 07 gt today when we were moving around the lot and im always impressed with the power, i don't plan on racing one i was just curiuos what it would take to make my bird like that.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,965 Posts
Fordraceing said:
reason i asked is cause i drove our 07 gt today when we were moving around the lot and im always impressed with the power, i don't plan on racing one i was just curiuos what it would take to make my bird like that.
if its just out of curiosity, then it should be in the miscellaneous forum, IMO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,978 Posts
who cares, he doesnt know any better, and it IS 4.6 related

wow, i know they have potential, but damn....14.5 stock? that blows. the 4.0 stang runs close to that.

-Thomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
I guess this applies to anyone going after a particular car. No matter what you do to your car even if you were going to race that Mustang, I hightly doubt the Mustang will sit there and remain stock while you modify.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
My 06 GT with JUST bassani axle back mufflers ran 13.71 with a little over 2000 miles on it and me not quite a "master" at launching/shifting the car. Seems like the new GT's are more of a first half track car. The LS1 Camaro that i raced at the time (when i ran 13.71) ended up beating me (not sure what modifications the camaro had), but i was ahead of him through my 1st and 2nd gear, and then he started pulling on me when i hit 3rd.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,978 Posts
sCrEaMiN BiRd said:
My 06 GT with JUST bassani axle back mufflers ran 13.71 with a little over 2000 miles on it and me not quite a "master" at launching/shifting the car. Seems like the new GT's are more of a first half track car. The LS1 Camaro that i raced at the time (when i ran 13.71) ended up beating me (not sure what modifications the camaro had), but i was ahead of him through my 1st and 2nd gear, and then he started pulling on me when i hit 3rd.
thats more like it. I remember SCT getting a new GT in to the 12's with spacers and a tune.
 
1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Top