1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
789 Posts
Would pulleys made for a '96 work on a '95?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
You need 96-98GT pulleys, the waterpump changed in 99.
I thought the pump changed in mid-01? The Steeda pulleys, probably the most commonly used UDPs by this community are separated into 96-mid 01 and mid 01-04.

Midway through the production run for the 2001 model year Ford changed the design of the water pump on the 4.6L engine. The older style pump produced from 1996 to mid 2001 had a longer shaft. In January of 2001 the design of the pump was changed to a shorter shaft. This necessitated a change in the design of the pump pulley. Click HERE for our guide.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Whether they fit or not, the current bid is a great deal. I'd bid on them if they were Blue. Might bid just to see if I could sell them on a mustang site!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Maybe there's some other changes, but anything that actually fits up to an 04 isn't going to work, I think we can agree on that.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Kind of off topic, but does anyone know what year or what model truck pulleys were of the 8-rib design? I'm pretty sure only the 5.4L and 6.8L had them and I've got part numbers here if I wanted to buy them all brand new.....but I'm thinking of scouring the wrecking yards for them first. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts