TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen many people make custom air boxes for there K&N cones to sheild them from engine heat. I was thinking of making a few of these and selling them. The top would be able to open. Also on the top would be a peice of plexiglass so you could see your filter. I was going to make one for my car and then the thought came to my mind that I might be able to make some money making a few of these. I will be making on for my car soon. If anyone is interested let me know. What you think I should ask on the price? This will be made on a 96 4.6 bird, I will also test fit it on a 94 so I know the intake will go under there alright. This is really just in the thought process. But I was wondering what you guys would think?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think it is a good idea man, someone to step up and make them. it is a really good idea.

I will get you an exact price, but MAC sells the whole setup for like under 200$ for the 96-97.

My buddy has one on his LE 97. if your going to make them keep in mind your costs and if you can do it for around 100$ i would say peeps would buy them.

Good luck with it man, i hope you do very well.

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
i made a custom air box out of sheet metal and duct tape (to hold everything in place). i used two 1 foot square sheets, one had a hole cut in it where the maf and rubber flange on the cone meet (if that makes any sense). i didnt cover the top since the hood would seal it up. i made two templates out of cardboard pizza boxes and trimmed the sheet metal to match up with the sheet metal. then i bent the sheet metal to fit around the filter. i dont have pics now but if you want them then speak up. i got the sheet metal for free from a sheet metal place and the guy cut the hole in it for free also. i guess he was feeling generous that day. i think it cost me about 5 bucks for the tin snips, but i returned those to walmart so i could get my money back. so i consider it a free mod :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I like the Plexi idea. Get some pics up when you have it installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts