TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
Not that I don't agree that political crap is not needed, but why close a whole thread and not just delete certain post?
Palmguy said:
NO political or religious posts will be permitted. If you post it, it'll be deleted or locked.
lightevergreenfrost said:
Christmas, or Holiday
Is anyone else annoyed by this political correctness?
:zwall:
I say that was both, political & religious.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I like a nice pair of pants.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the topic was of course religious or I would have use X-mas to hide the "christ" part of it. And if someone was bothered by me using the word political in the beginning they could have edited it. Look through some of our forums, especially the misc one. So many are blocked and usually because one person mentioned something political.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Then maybe it is best not to mention these things at all. Obviously the moderators don't want the kind of material that can cause a political/ethical/whatever debate appearing in these forums. With that in mind, wouldn't you think it best not to push it by posting these threads?

I could care less what people post, but it's not my forum, therefore I follow the forum guidelines (somewhat). You should too! :D

~Chuck

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
Its a new world record!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
as was brought up long before the political forum was even around, this is a car club website, political and religious posts really dont have a place here. The political forum was created to try and keep the posts like that from clogging up the rest of the forums, but all it did was turn people into trolls, that couldn't seem to find anything better to do, but slam other posters for their views, most of the time by going extreme, right or left wing in their approach. The forum was removed because of this. Now we just get rid of / lock threads that start down this path. The problem lies in the fact that noone can keep it strictly political for very long, and it will result in general name calling and flaming, just as alot of the threads in the political forum did. soooo...we (the moderators) see a thread that is turning, or has turned into a political discussion, close it before it even starts to get out of hand. Sir William has spoken on this before in the club forum, and we are just doing what we have been told to do... no matter if it's one thread or fifty. Also we (the aformentioned moderators) could spend all day monitoring threads such as those and having to weed out the offending posts several times, plus we would have even more people complaining "why did you delete my post!?" so just closing, or deleting the thread is a less time intensive operation. Some of the moderators do have other things to do except sit in the forums.

As always this post is for informational use only, and if ya don't like it...I'm not a member of the TCCoAAC for nuthin!!!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts