TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4561340129

I sent him a love letter entailing all of his stupidity.

Hey I'm a curious inquirer about your auction. I only have a few simple questions, if you wouldnt mind answering.

First off is, if the 3.8L engine only has 140hp then how do you justify 2 1/2" mandrel bent stainless true duals? I can only imagine how bad your low end torque must be with so little back pressure.

I see you have a 3.73:1 rear differential gear ratio. I also see that you state earlier in the auction that you have "track tested" the vehicle up to 180mph. Now I must ask, how do you view reality? Because you have an altered view of it. At 180mph in overdrive with 3.73 gears you would have to be doing about 7000-8000rpm's, which would not only balloon the torque converter to the point of bursting into a million little pieces, but would also put the stock block beyond it's factory rotational balancing. On top of that, with 3.73:1 gears the speed governer would limit you at 95mph. I would just love to know how you even think this is possible. And lastly, the oil pump is driven off of the distributor pump drive, not the cam lobe!!!

Some people are just so stupid! and people are falling for it and bidding on it!!
-Thomas

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
well advertise your car like that and see if you get any nibbles.....;)

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only difference between mine and his would be that mine is all true :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts