TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have a new front load washer, a Frigidaire Affinity that I bought back in March of this year 2012. So today, it won't spin out the clothes. I call for warranty service, and the guy says if they come out and it was a user issue, it costs me $75 MINIMUM for the service call.

Well, that scared me because I knew Daniela had been washing our little throw rugs and blankets in there. So I took it apart. When I took that trap and rubber bag from under the washer out, it had a penny, a nickel, a battery (from my key fob that I must have left in my pocket), and THREE BIG ALL-IN-ONE WASHER SHEETS.

They are Purex 3-in-1 Washer sheets that Daniela bought a bunch of on sale. How in God's creation one of these could get into the drain is beyond me much less three! They say on the front of the box SAFE for all machines including HE (see the bottom right corner of box).

This is the box and I'm warning you - do NOT use these in your front loader washer - they will plug up the drain (that's my washer in the background); so I cancelled my repair call since I fixed it myself:

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Glad to hear you fixed it. I don't like prepackaged cleaning products--in that it dictates how much you use and when you will run out.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear you fixed it. I don't like prepackaged cleaning products--in that it dictates how much you use and when you will run out.
Thanks. I'm still shocked; Daniela has socks that are like the quarter of the size a hankerchief - THEY don't go down the drain! How in the world could those sheets have gotten in there?

Yeh, I'm a Tide man all the way - everything else sucks IMHO for laundry.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Thanks as well Rick, Showed the wife your story and her box of it is in the trash now ;)

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks as well Rick, Showed the wife your story and her box of it is in the trash now ;)
I went to their website and it seems they quit making the sheets; now they have some gel things maybe like those Tide thingys.
I'm sure my machine isn't the first to have this problem...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Another would be good idea gone bad due to lack of testing I am sure. I am really not to big on buying things like that, I rather have a bottle of the liquid myself, my girlfriend on the other hand always seems to be buying new things like that, and for the cost my only thought is why.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that the coating on those things contains a form of wax. Maybe when things got hot the sheet lubricated itself and slipped out of the constraints like Harry Houdini KF4sign

1 - 7 of 7 Posts