That happened in my auto-tech class in high school. The battery was on an engine stand and two guys were standing next to it when it blew. It was loud! One of the guys that was standing next to it brought back the jeans he was wearing that day. They were all full of holes from the acid. Good example of why we weren't allowed to wear shorts in class. The next week we had all new batteries.
A forum community dedicated to Ford Thunderbird, Mercury Cougar and Lincoln Mark owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!