·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Well, you started acting like a fool.... and they just retaliated! :thumbsup:

Actually, I think they were pretty sedate in most of their comments.... I can imagine how this board would have handled some newbie posting something like that!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
They didn't like how your car looks... so what?!?! How many times have you said some import is ugly? :2huh:

Just my .02. :D

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
"If you can't stand the heat . . . stay out of the kitchen."

Not everybody's gonna like what you've done. You've can do what you do and like what you like. They can say what they want to say. You can get all hot and bothered over what people behind a keyboard punch in or you can say to hell with 'em. Just my $0.02

FWIW, their comments seemed pretty tame.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Dude, why even stress over that or them. They are totally entitled to thier opinions. reall.y. I wouldn't get worked up over them, they enjoy the popular vote of the Mustang, they aren't sure and don't know about the power of the Thunderbird. Its just all overkill.

What about on this site, everyone gave you a Thumbs up and told you it looked good, I even dropped you a note. Heck, that in itself should make you feel good, forget those other bums.

Now, here is what you do, wanna feel good about you car, come around the rest of us on the 6th of May at Stoney, then show off.

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol
its not that i was suprised by people ripping on the car
i am used to that different strokes for different folks

but i never got the "outdated body lines" "ugly" and such

i don't know caught me offguard

btw. i know many of those people and they got no balls to say anything to me in person its just pissing contest over the net lol

oh well i guess

p.s i'll be there for a meet:)

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
btw. i know many of those people and they got no balls to say anything to me in person
You think they're going to say your car is ugly to your face!? I think not...It's a car show not a hatter show, your only going to get the crowd that likes your car. People that don't like your car arn't going to say anything cause they don't like it and move on to the next car. But now your ride is on a public forum with mostly import guys. They'll say anything! I'll agree some of the stuff they are saying is dumb, but don't let it get to you.

Some of those guys get off on that s*** too, they are little low-lifes with nothing better to do then rip on someone else’s ride. They got picked on in high school and in life, never had a girl friend or hooker, there job at Subway is a dead end and they need to vent in a protected environment. There just jealous, don't worry about them.;)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Dude, Don't worry about them. You're (hopefully) making your car how YOU want it, not how THEY want it. If they don't like it, that's their choice, and it should bother you. Pleasing them shouldn't be your goal.

I find that our cars freak out a lot of people because they never see one that isn't stock. When they do, they don't know what to think.

You should have seen the ricers at the honda shop I ordered my tires from... "You're putting those big things on a Cougar!? :confused: "

·
Registered
475 Posts
btw. i know many of those people and they got no balls to say anything to me in person its just pissing contest over the net lol
Ya everybody is a bada$$ on the net didn't you get the memo? lol

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
their comments werent bad until you got your panties bunched up. brush the sand out of your cooter and deal with it. They are a bunch of hotrod guys who dont give a **** about your car winning "shows".

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
their comments werent bad until you got your panties bunched up. brush the sand out of your cooter and deal with it. They are a bunch of hotrod guys who dont give a **** about your car winning "shows".

Obucina you’re so full of wisdom and insight…you are an inspiration to us all. I think you should start a book, I really do.

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
They are just a bunch of ricers i have stoped by some of thouse meets they have and they have asked me about my turbo wtf i dont have a turbo .
www.motownmuscle.com are where the hotrod guys are at .

Jurgen

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
i agree. and i agree with some of the comments too.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Obucina you’re so full of wisdom and insight…you are an inspiration to us all. I think you should start a book, I really do.
Joe, if you write a book, send the first copy for sale to me. I'll read it.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
....You should have seen the ricers at the honda shop I ordered my tires from... "You're putting those big things on a Cougar!? :confused: "
LOL Well, they probably thought you were putting them on a 99 or newer cougar. (the only kind of cougars in thier FWD, 4-6 cyl world). They would be HUGE a** tires on a 99 cougar!

Phatbird, having not read the thread (yet) I can say that you've got a great car, that it is built the way you like it and you've got the trophy's to prove that you're not the only one who likes it. So don't worry about what a few closed minded people think about it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
LOL Well, they probably thought you were putting them on a 99 or newer cougar. (the only kind of cougars in thier FWD, 4-6 cyl world). They would be HUGE a** tires on a 99 cougar!

Phatbird, having not read the thread (yet) I can say that you've got a great car, that it is built the way you like it and you've got the trophy's to prove that you're not the only one who likes it. So don't worry about what a few closed minded people think about it.
Couldn't of said it better myself...I love your car man!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts