TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.. as you all probably know, my car has 83k miles on it now.. it's had a problem with the whole shutting off thing, so i havent been driving it. i keep replacing things.. ect.. can't find the prob, but today i HAD to drive it to work.. and the ******* in front of me slammed his brakes, so i had to slam my break and make a hard right off into a parking lot to not hit him.. ( yes i was riding a little close , so maybe i'm the ******* ) but regardless, when i turned right while hitting the brakes my oil pressure gauage literally went all the way down.. ( check gauges light came on ) and then went right back out... what could this be? it did it again when i was on the way home. and when i started the car it kinda made a knocking noise? i'm gonna make a video of me starting the car and post it on here asap... please get back to me with any ideas...

·
Registered
39 Posts
how is your oil level?---if my car is more than 1qt low, it will do this if I brake hard. Light comes on and the meter drops to zero for a few seconds.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
If the oil level is normal, try cleaning the oil sender connector. If the problem persists, the sender may be faulty.

I usually clean the connector 'stem' with a shot of brake part cleaner, then again with electrical parts cleaner, drying it with a shop towel. The connector 'socket' is cleaned similarly, using a cotton swab to clean the inside of the socket.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts